Save The House Sparrows

littlegoat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The house sparrows are declining. People kill them and say they are aggressive, and poop a lot.. This is no excuse to kill them! They are living creatures, and there is no good reason to kill them. Please save the house sparrows. Put up bird houses, and let them use them. Some people see nesting house sparrows and kill the female and smash the eggs. Don't do that, help the sparrows instead. Save the house sparrows, if anyone would like to share ideas on saving them, please do!

680x680px-LL-6e368ea2_500x1000px-LL-15df57f6_pizap.com10.52368876431137321398346561429.jpeg

This thread has one rule, please do not encourage the killing of the house sparrows. This thread was created to save them. Thanks!

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just where are you getting your information from ? Then too, house sparrows do NOT nest in bird houses, they like to build their open top nests on people's house, garage, shed ledges , etc.

littlegoat

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My friend has a family of sparrows in their bird house :)

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think the smashing/destroying of any nest should be outlawed. We have a robin that nests on our porch every year - twice a season. The poop gets on the deck, and you have to watch she doesn't fly over your head when you walk by. Guess what its worth it to see those little fluffs leave the nest and take off. Last year a wren nested in our garage in a bucket on a high shelf.

We put out bird houses and bat houses to encourage wildlife. The Ohio DNR has an entire booklet on their website with bird house plans for specific species of birds and owls.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Getting rare in Blighty,too.
I have quite a few nests in the rafters of our barn....I've even forgiven them for pecking off the pipe lagging up there to insulate their nests.
They steal a lot of my lamb creep pellets, but, I forgive them that,too.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish someone would come get some of mine, as well as the mud daubing swallows. 63,000 acres of virgin forest all around me and they all want to nest on or in my house.

Kitties probably kill more sparrows than humans do.

Cats are responsible for the deaths of 1.4 to 3.7 billion birds and 6.9 to 20.7 billion mammals every year,

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I wish someone would come get some of mine, as well as the mud daubing swallows. 63,000 acres of virgin forest all around me and they all want to nest on or in my house.

Kitties probably kill more sparrows than humans do.
Amen ! The best way to remedy the cat overpopulation is to send them all to the bleeding heart rescues so that they can pay for their upkeep instead of these bleeding hearts palming these killing machines off on us together with a huge rescue fee. :(

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Euthanasia is a necessary "evil" vs upkeep on so many unwanted animals. Yes I wish someone would take the sparrows, starlings and the grackles as well.