Save The House Sparrows

bcnewe2

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a bird haven in my barn. So many that sometimes I can't hear for bird calls and chirps. More than half are house sparrows. Guess I'm doing my part!
I also keep a piece of fencing in the side of the water troughs so that any bird that falls in can climb right out. I haven't had any drowned birds since using them.

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Littlegoat ... Please describe in detail the male bird that you refer to as a house sparrow, any red feathers, song , etc. :idunno

appaloosa 239

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Littlegoat ... Please describe in detail the male bird that you refer to as a house sparrow, any red feathers, song , etc. :idunno

Male house sparrows look like this:
DSC03156.JPG

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Male house sparrows look like this:
DSC03156.JPG
Thank you for clearing this up ! This sparrow is definately NOT a house sparrow but the scurge of the earth in N. America the English Sparrow (next to the Starling) ... an imported HUGE PEST that drives native songbirds out of their nesting sites, spoils stored food grains, and carrier of desiase to livestock and human alike, etc.. Now , why would anyone whant to save these troublemakers ??? :idunno

appaloosa 239

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thank you for clearing this up ! This sparrow is definately NOT a house sparrow but the scurge of the earth in N. America the English Sparrow (next to the Starling) ... an imported HUGE PEST that drives native songbirds out of their nesting sites, spoils stored food grains, and carrier of desiase to livestock and human alike, etc.. Now , why would anyone whant to save these troublemakers ??? :idunno
I'll have to disagree with you.

Latest posts