Saw the grossest thing in the world.... please tell me this is normal!

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok I don't know how to put this delicately. I've only owned bucks since I have had these babies, 6 months. They are just now "hitting puberty". I was sitting in my buck pen watering them when all of a sudden one bucks pizzle came out and he turned around and mouthed it until he ejaculated in his own mouth and then ate it. No I am not kidding. I am not easily affected by anything but that is the last thing I ever expected to see. THEN about 2 minutes later the other one did it!!! There's 3 boys, all about 6-7 months and they still act like cute little babies until about this week when now they are pushing me with their heads, and now this.

I know bucks have unusual behaviors, but now I'm weirded out.... PLEASE TELL ME THIS NORMAL!!?!!?!!

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Totally normal. They will also drink their own pee and pee allllllllllll over themselves.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the wrld of owning BUCKS!
Yep...their faces and beards will drip with pee, their fronts legs will be covered!
...oh...and the smell will get worse in a few months!

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Southern by choice said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the wrld of owning BUCKS!
Yep...their faces and beards will drip with pee, their fronts legs will be covered!
...oh...and the smell will get worse in a few months!
Oh and if you get it on you...it takes alot to get it out of clothing and off your skin. That smell... there isn't a word in the English language to describe it.

Also if your buck tries to flirt with you, watch out. ;) a full grown buck trying to jump you is frightening the first time. :lol:

Rocco

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Bucks are such total lovable, huggable creatures during rut!

You have to understand them to love them....their mentality:

1) Can I breed it?
2) Can I eat it?
3) Can I tear it up?
4) If unsure, do all of the above.

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Also watch out if they stand right next to you...they are going to pee on their legs and your legs since they can really spray that stuff.

Oh and sometimes they will just be standing/walking and just suddenly go into a position similar to a doe urinating and begin ejaculating. Just randomly... they may even keep trying to walk with the front legs.

I always have trouble getting my bucks to eat while in full rut. So watch for dehydration and weight loss.

GoatRancher11

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
And if you are a female and that special time of the month is what you are going through, watch out, they sense that and you DO NOT want to be around them. To them, you are fair game.........just be careful.

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
GoatRancher11 said:
And if you are a female and that special time of the month is what you are going through, watch out, they sense that and you DO NOT want to be around them. To them, you are fair game.........just be careful.
2x

WhiteMountainsRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh thank goodness it's normal! :lol: I knew about the peeing thing, I had just never seen or heard anyone talk about what I mentioned. :hide And good to know about when your special monthly visitor is visiting. :lol: Thanks for easing my mind! Here I thought I had some perverted goats or something, lol!!!

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
This thread just convinced me that I will never own goats! Rams don't do any of that crap!

Latest posts