Saw the grossest thing in the world.... please tell me this is normal!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
BrownSheep said:
This thread just convinced me that I will never own goats! Rams don't do any of that crap!
Yes, same here! No goat bucks ever!! That's beyond disgusting! My rams don't do anything! If you aren't an ewe in the mood, they are their calm selves.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry guys... I have sheep and goats... goats all the way. Too many rams are dangerous. I rather take stank over getting rammed and pummeled. I will never own a ram! :p

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
AshleyFishy said:
GoatRancher11 said:
And if you are a female and that special time of the month is what you are going through, watch out, they sense that and you DO NOT want to be around them. To them, you are fair game.........just be careful.
2x
I'm not female, so I dont' have to worry about that special time of the month :)

But, if I'm out there cleaning their shelter or pen and I'm bent over, they think I'm fair game too :lol:

AshleyFishy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
OneFineAcre said:
AshleyFishy said:
GoatRancher11 said:
And if you are a female and that special time of the month is what you are going through, watch out, they sense that and you DO NOT want to be around them. To them, you are fair game.........just be careful.
2x
I'm not female, so I dont' have to worry about that special time of the month :)

But, if I'm out there cleaning their shelter or pen and I'm bent over, they think I'm fair game too :lol:
:lol: mental picture made me choke on my tea.

I hate it when they sneak up on you and just rub their head all over your side and look up at you, from under your arm, like " hi food lady, I have an itchy face can you scratch it for me". They're just caked with waxy black and brown urine and other unmentionable fluids. Looking up at you like they're a clean fluffy kitten wanting pets and scratches.

You know you love a species when you can put up with that.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
My rams don't head butt people unless the person doesn't read their body language. My DH learned real quick, I told him to act normal, don't corner them and if you see them back up, head go down or they paw, to either bend down or just back off. Now he can approach the ram w/o issues and when he bends down, they approach in a friendly manner instead.
But goats also butt heads. Another reason my sheep are naturally polled, I don't want to risk being accidentally stabbed.... X_X

I didn't know they did that, WhiteMountainsRanch. That was extra gross to find out. I knew about the peeing and smelling like death.

ThornyRidgeII

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
owning bucks is shall we say and acquired taste..hahah.. yes they stink and of course the stinkier they are the more loveable they are.. I have been peed on, rubbed on, attempted humped on.. all part of the process.. fall is always the worst.. rut is in full blow and they are at their buckiest! yes it is true they are able to do things to themselves that most men envy.. not to mention the package is quite envious..hahah.. I only raise nigies.. I can't imagine a full grown boer or nubian trying to take advantage of me.. I have one buck who loves to rub his head (where his scent glands are) all over my backside if I am not paying attention.. I have been lifted off my feet several times when hooking up water buckets!! but with all of that I love my boys to death and the look of them is awesome (when they are clean) and those beards on my boys are awesome...zz top quality! and of course the convenience is the number one factor!!!

meme

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
GoatRancher11 said:
:ep

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Normal.

Oh yeah, and a friend of mine told me how she once had to kick a buck in sensitive parts because he knocked her down and was trying to be amorous. :sick

CritterZone

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
AshleyFishy said:
Southern by choice said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the wrld of owning BUCKS!
Yep...their faces and beards will drip with pee, their fronts legs will be covered!
...oh...and the smell will get worse in a few months!
Oh and if you get it on you...it takes alot to get it out of clothing and off your skin. That smell... there isn't a word in the English language to describe it.

Also if your buck tries to flirt with you, watch out. ;) a full grown buck trying to jump you is frightening the first time. :lol:
Noxema helps to remove the smell...