Saying goodbye to Bailey

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Go Caddo! What a great dog!
We have 3 big hogs loaded in the stock trailer, to take to slaughter first thing in the morning. Paris attacked the trailer. She went under the trailer trying to bite pig feet through the very narrow cracks between the boards. Then she tried to chew the steel end of the trailer. If Paris could get to those hogs, they would eat her. Obviously she hates hogs.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Paris is a dog of strong convictions. She’s lucky to have you. Dealing with a dog with an “interesting” personality is challenging. Bacon, sausage and chops for the freezer yay! I’ve got a little pork. A friend hunts land we have elsewhere and gets a feral hog now and then. We have a reliable processor who so far has seen no illness in the carcasses. We have not croaked or oinked from feral meat. But when in doubt throw it out.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Paris is a dog of strong convictions. She’s lucky to have you. Dealing with a dog with an “interesting” personality is challenging. Bacon, sausage and chops for the freezer yay! I’ve got a little pork. A friend hunts land we have elsewhere and gets a feral hog now and then. We have a reliable processor who so far has seen no illness in the carcasses. We have not croaked or oinked from feral meat. But when in doubt throw it out.
I like the way you put that, strong convictions. LOL You can sat that again! Haha

I’ve processed and eaten feral hogs, they can be quite tasty. I don’t have anywhere to hunt now, haven’t hunted in years.

Home grown pork sure is some fine eating. We took 3 hogs, split 5 ways. By the time I did “selling” we only had a half hog for ourselves and DD and family. Gained 3 new customers. I may have to raise more hogs next year.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is there any dog like a Pyrenees?
Actually all dogs enrich our lives.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well Bailey is eating heartily and enjoying cooler weather. The bad turn she had that caused this thread appears to have passed. She is a sticky mess from dallis grass and pollen. I noticed she has no reverse and I’ve rearranged furniture so she can follow her 3am route without getting stuck. She helped set mousetraps this morning. I remember where I set them by singing my version of “Lili Marlene”
🎹 underneath the sofa
by the bathroom door
song’s about catching mice
I need to get out more….

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I was in elementary school many years ago in a very German part of the rural Midwest, we were taught songs which turned out to be repurposed songs from a certain reich. The lyrics were changed and we as youngsters didn’t know a thing about it. One year we had a substitute teacher who taught us Hava Nagila and a couple of other Jewish songs so I guess things evened out. She must have laughed herself silly on the way back to the city. Goes to show that politics in education isn’t a new invention. (Lili Marlene reference)

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bailey update. Holding her own. Unsteady on her feet at times but still ambles 3/10’s of a mile with me when I let the sheep out in the morning. Appetite could be better but what goes in comes out properly. She likes the cooler weather and the other dogs play very gently with her. She still messes up her bed and makes a deliberate effort to trip over my husband’s shoes. Whether he’s in them or not. She hobbled to the front gate to give the UPS driver what for. One day at a time for us.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Paris went under the porch and wouldn't come out. I crawled in to get her. She freaked out and went back under the porch. She didn't eat last night. Is she just being weird or :idunno

I hope Bailey's days are good ones.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I wondered about Paris after you mentioned your horse fell on her(?). I hope she’s ok and you as well.

Latest posts