Saying hello from San Diego

Babicatcher

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi there!

I am Donna and I am happy to have found this forum. When things fall into place, they fall into place! A few months ago, I was in contact with a person I have known for several years, discussing goat ownership and care taking. 2 weeks later, I brought home 2 Nigerian Dwarf doelings from that person. My girls are now 9+ weeks old, and doing very well. I found this forum this morning, clicking through from the BYC site.

My partner and I started things with a beautiful garden last year, proving to myself that I CAN keep things alive. Earlier this year, he built our first chicken coop, and since then we have added another coop and run as well as a goat barn, and brought home a Great Pyrenees LGD. I am getting ready to add a third coop and run as well as another goat shed to my property. I also breed Australian Shepherds, and currently have 3 that I train, show and do agility with.

I am happy to have found this forum, and look forward to learning as much as I can. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pictures! Pictures of your Aussies please! I’ve had several and love Aussies! Oh, and welcome to the forum from Texas! LOL

Kudos to both of you for raising a garden! My earliest memories are me toddling behind my Daddy in his garden. He was organic before organic was a thing. I’m 67 and gardened all my life. Learn new things all the time. Awesome for you, taking charge of providing GOOD food for the table!

Congratulations on your goats. You have 2 chicken coops and are adding a third….. Just be aware that chicken math applies to goats too!

Babicatcher

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Pictures! Pictures of your Aussies please! I’ve had several and love Aussies! Oh, and welcome to the forum from Texas! LOL

Kudos to both of you for raising a garden! My earliest memories are me toddling behind my Daddy in his garden. He was organic before organic was a thing. I’m 67 and gardened all my life. Learn new things all the time. Awesome for you, taking charge of providing GOOD food for the table!

Congratulations on your goats. You have 2 chicken coops and are adding a third….. Just be aware that chicken math applies to goats too!
Oh, I am HAPPY to supply pictures of my girls!! I have 3, Poppy is my dam that has had 2 litters, Juni is one of her puppies from her first litter, and Cypher is from my breeder friend. I have raised Aussies for 16 years, and Poppy is directly descended from the same lines as my original 4 Aussies.

And I have already fallen into goat math. I have been thinking about what I'm going to do when I breed my girls...cross with something to produce decent meat goats? I do know *some* limits...

This is Juni (18 months) and Cypher (9 months) last month
tempImage1rpMUA.jpg

Poppy last year with Juni at 4 months
Poppy Juni 05-21..jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, I am HAPPY to supply pictures of my girls!! I have 3, Poppy is my dam that has had 2 litters, Juni is one of her puppies from her first litter, and Cypher is from my breeder friend. I have raised Aussies for 16 years, and Poppy is directly descended from the same lines as my original 4 Aussies.

And I have already fallen into goat math. I have been thinking about what I'm going to do when I breed my girls...cross with something to produce decent meat goats? I do know *some* limits...

This is Juni (18 months) and Cypher (9 months) last month
View attachment 91835

Poppy last year with Juni at 4 months
View attachment 91836
Cool to see the color in the coat in Juni.

Very nice looking dogs!

Latest posts