Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
A post about the BOYS!

We've been really busy here, but thought I'd pop on for a minute and give a quick update.
We have been going back and forth and decided to sell off some of our boys. Kinda hard when *someone* loves the boys and wants to keep them all *cough cough SBC cough* :p
We are very blessed to have such great homes for these guys, and am so happy with where they are going/have gone.

Over the last week Ruby's little buck went off to his new home. Our vet has loved Ruby from day one! I think Ruby brings back some good memories and how could you NOT love such a beautiful, sweet doe?
Our vet has been amazing through all the years (she is like family) so we decided to gift her the buck. I am humbled that our vet trusts our herd to bring in one of our animals! :)
032 - Copy.JPG

Next was our Mini Nubian buck, Elliott.
We (SBC) has held on to this boy for two years, with the plan to use him over a new line of Mini-Nubians that we will/would build. I have not been happy with a lot of MN's out there, so this is why we kept him. Liked the genetics and his dam's udder (Ruby) is fantastic. He is a nice buck and well put together. But, we need to get our numbers down and it isn't right to have a buck sitting around with no job. I had someone half way across the county that really wanted him, and would have been a GREAT home. But, he couldn't be air shipped and they weren't completely sure when they could come get him. I can say, having him on ground transport for several days made me a little nervous too. I was contacted by another couple that really loved him as well, and they were local. After talking to them it sounded like the perfect home for our sweet boy! Talked to the out-of-state person and they completely understood. We are hoping to ship a spring kid out to them if we have a breeding-quality mini Nubian buck.

@ragdollcatlady I just saw your post about the Mini Nubian buck issue. I wish he could have gone to you! But CA is a hike from NC, a bit farther than the MO folks that wanted him! :confused:

Here is sweet Elliott, pictured as a kid.
Elliot.jpg

Next up is "Spidey Man"
I am also so happy where he has gone! His new owners are equally excited I think :)
He left Saturday, his new owners drove over 8 hours to get him! @Sweet horizon Nigerians this guy just went down to SC :)
Wings & Caprines Spideyman (4).JPG Wings & Caprines Spideyman (1).JPG

We have a few more to move on out, but they are all going out of state and one lady may be driving close to 9 hours one way to get a particular Mini-mancha buck, the other getting a lamancha. Since several goats are going, we will drive a few hours to meet-up with the buyers, but this will be after the state fair.

I thought I had someone for Lucy's little buckling, but the buyer didn't come through. He is such a handsome boy, I think! He has finally gotten a bit more depth on him now (pic from July). He will make someone a good herdsire, someday :)
057.JPG

I also did a thing :hide
I was blessed with very, very nice lamancha buckling. He is an April kid and has already bred 4 of our does. His pedigree is fantastic, his dam scored 91EEEE and is a 3*M milker. Sire scored an 88 as a YEARLING! I cannot say enough about this herd! I haven't gotten any good pics of him yet, he is in rut and has eyes for his ladies right now :p
Candlelight Black Tie Affair Buck .JPG

His performance pedigree :drool :love:drool:love
Screenshot (23).png

Since I'm on the subject of bucks, @OneFineAcre look at this!
Isaac. He is FAR away from the does. In the farthest pen actually.
The does were in heat and he got out, TWICE :th Thankfully there were still several fences between him & the does, so no risk of any accidents ;) We have a hay feeder on the fence line and worked his way through a small gap. It was promptly fixed and no more issues. It was a bit of a surprise, we have never had a buck try to escape to get to the does! :ep
004 - Copy.JPG

And a "just because" pic- LOOK at how big Olaf is! That is a 3ft yardstick on the second pic! Love that boy :love at 18 months!
071.JPG 072 - Copy.JPG

Since we are trying to tweak the herd & reduce we will be selling some of the does too. I have a doe leaving this week and the others will leave after the State Fair.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Such a great group....sure glad it worked out and have good homes to continue on for.
Keeping SBC locked in the closet with her eyes closed until after the state fair may be a difficult task....Good Luck!!...:)

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
It seems like you are selling some awfully nice goats but I know you have to control numbers.
Thank you! Yes, it has been a hard decision but we have to do the right thing. Next up are the does… not going to be easy to let go of some of these does.

This guy (Chami) & his brother Gordy will be leaving as well. We have their 1/2 brother (same dam) and Chami's son.

F-1 mini mancha
IMG_2589.jpg

Latest posts