Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice and @Goat Whisperer would bringing a group up here help? We have plenty of hay and could probably work out an arrangement for a pair of kids?? If you'd like to consider this, let me know!

I wish you had a tractor...DH saved several dry bales because we thought we were getting Sugar (a horse.) There's several extra bales of dry hay that we could part with. He could bring down a gooseneck load (15 bales.) We'd be willing to work a deal on those also if you could gain access to a tractor to get them off the trailer with and put them in pastures as needed...

You know how to reach me.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Southern by choice and @Goat Whisperer would bringing a group up here help? We have plenty of hay and could probably work out an arrangement for a pair of kids?? If you'd like to consider this, let me know!

I wish you had a tractor...DH saved several dry bales because we thought we were getting Sugar (a horse.) There's several extra bales of dry hay that we could part with. He could bring down a gooseneck load (15 bales.) We'd be willing to work a deal on those also if you could gain access to a tractor to get them off the trailer with and put them in pastures as needed...

You know how to reach me.

Thank you. We are struggling through and hoping to make enough changes to get us through til spring or when we move! Still looking.

On a funny note-
Spur of the moment we decided to go to Cary and ice skate last night. Not all the kids could make it but a bunch of us went and a family friend was there too. We left around 7-7:30 ish. Keep in mind there is someone always here but last night was probably the first time ever that everyone was gone. Badger threw a temper tantrum apparently while we were gone. He does this when he is not getting his way. My DH as you all know laughs at this. I roll my eyes and take NO responsibility- my DH has ruined him. Badger is sickeningly spoiled by DH. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
He threw the chairs around ( he takes his feet and pulls them out from the table and slaps them around with his head)- took the cooler and moved it to the center of the DR. He knocked stuff around in the kitchen and threw the boxes that were on the table (just got kidding supplies delivered) off and scattered the packing material around. o_O

When we got home he started running all over the house, leaping for joy when he saw "daddy". Ok so a 165 lb Pyr that is upteen feet long leaping and running through the house and "talking" to daddy is a hilarious sight. :lol: The dog has no shame. :D

I thought, hmm none of "my" dogs would ever pull this crap. :lol::lol::lol:
DH was just a grinning from ear to ear.
I think Badger was ticked because we had closed the door to the Family Room. :\
Lets just say it's a good thing I raised our human kids! :gig

We had a great time- I did not skate, no can do! Took pics and enjoyed watching the family. Just a joy that is so hard to describe.
I am blessed with the most amazing family.
We grabbed a bite afterwards and you know what it was even sweeter.... I look down the table and my adult, grown kids are coloring on children's menus! :D:D:D Chatting and laughing.

Yeah, this is why we cannot move far. It is humbling to be so blessed with such amazing people in my life.

Today- blisters abound! :(:D I have thawed out by the way. Oh my goodness, I was freezing in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW! It’s been YEARS since I went roller skating! Let’s see .. . . Back around 1983. Gosh! That’s 35 years!!! When we first moved to PA, a neighbor and I had kids in school, and we were stay at home moms. We went to the local skating rink and took lessons, while the kids were in school. It was fun, but oh my, even back then I hurt, from a bad knee and weak ankles.

You are truly blessed, SBC, to have your whole family nearby, like that. My son is in NC (we haven’t seen him in over two years - but we do talk on the phone at least 5 or 6 times a week) My daughter is in Dallas, which doesn’t sound far, but it IS almost 2 hours away, and DD is too busy to come here. So, we have to go there. We do have fun when we get together though. DH’s DD is still in MN and also very busy. We talk on the phone, but haven’s seen her for years and have never met her husband.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW! It’s been YEARS since I went roller skating! Let’s see .. . . Back around 1983. Gosh! That’s 35 years!!! When we first moved to PA, a neighbor and I had kids in school, and we were stay at home moms. We went to the local skating rink and took lessons, while the kids were in school. It was fun, but oh my, even back then I hurt, from a bad knee and weak ankles.

You are truly blessed, SBC, to have your whole family nearby, like that. My son is in NC (we haven’t seen him in over two years - but we do talk on the phone at least 5 or 6 times a week) My daughter is in Dallas, which doesn’t sound far, but it IS almost 2 hours away, and DD is too busy to come here. So, we have to go there. We do have fun when we get together though. DH’s DD is still in MN and also very busy. We talk on the phone, but haven’s seen her for years and have never met her husband.

Having the phone calls is so important. IMO that connection stays strong. I know it isn't quite the same but it is wonderful that you have that closeness.
I have to laugh because I have never been able to ice skate so I didn't even attempt it. I don't need a broken ankle.
My DH and I were laughing because he has been on roller blades (street hockey) but not on ice skates for over 30 years. It was cool- he went right out and skated. He had fun. I knew he would. ;)
My kids that have played ice hockey - rocked it! The ones that only ever roller bladed did amazingly well. It was cool. (Literally LOL)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to ice skate a little but not nearly as well as roller skating. But roller blades were my undoing, I think I was just too old to learn by that time.

Badger, what a goof. I can just see him throwing a fit when you left him. He has never been left before, poor boy was probably scared.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to ice skate a little but not nearly as well as roller skating. But roller blades were my undoing, I think I was just too old to learn by that time.

Badger, what a goof. I can just see him throwing a fit when you left him. He has never been left before, poor boy was probably scared.

Nah. he doesn't get scared just pissed that the door was closed more than likely. But he won't scratch at a door (that is not allowed here) he will bark at a door he wants opened if if he doesn't get his way he throws tantrums. He does the same thing when he wants his dinner and his dinner is "late". He is a brat.

Latest posts