Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just be sure ya leave a few consolation prizes for all the others to jostle over....:)

LOl This is a huge show expected to be over 700 goats!
There are amazing animals there!
Some days you do good, some days you don't.
You just try and do the best with your goats... sometimes they cooperate- sometimes not. LOL
I just hope our goats can make it in the top ten. :) (for their class)

We have had several disasters with lil DD poster project. TWO TIMES! The adhesives we used were not holding- we had to redo the poster at 7 am this morning and apparently it came apart again! So DH aand my friend ran out to get better adhesives. UGH- I hope it holds- she put a lot of work into it!

Here is the poster. LOL- SHE HAD to have the squiggles at the bottom :D Every show we go to people ask why the ears are cut off. :rolleyes: Kind of strange really- especially when you have Nigerians and Nubians in the pen... kind of like why would someone think that especially because the others have ears and they are different... why would you cut off just some? Any way we hope it is educational. There are also experimentals that may have the other type ears (she put those at the bottom)
022.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Little Bit did a great job on that poster :)

Of COURSE Lamancha ears are never cut, there isn't anything there TO cut! :D

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a great job on the project, you should be very proud of her. An announcer at our county fair one year joked about cutting off the ears and boy did that rumor fly. He said that they did it to get more milk. o_O
I remember back in the day doing science fair projects, before computers. My mom was a perfectionist when it came to getting things level and square and she helped many a time with lining up the informational signs on boards. I remember all the guide lines lightly made in pencil so everything would be straight. We had a wooden display board that we used every year, just repainted the back ground. When my boys started doing projects we had a computer, what it difference when it came to doing signage...and charts and graphs. We used rubber cement for all the gluing, easy on and easy off for next year.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are doing pretty good at the fair.
I will have more details later-
We have 4 Sr does entered for tomorrow.
1 -Nubian 7yrs old
1- Lamancha 3 yrs old
2- yearling milkers (Carolina and Clover)

So the bulk of the show is over.

As a side note- Foxy - the goat I love and kinda am fighting for- shows HORRIBLE- always does- placed 2nd in youth show and was in 2nd then got bumped so was 3rd in open show out of 24 goats. :weee Boots didn't make the cut :hu:lol::hu:lol:

062.JPG

Latest posts