goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
first off a giant CONTRATULAIONS!!! on the fair wins. it's so nice when all your hard work is validated by other people. we can think our goats look good all day long but when others agree with us that's a whole different matter. so proud for you, GW and little bit too.
then I have to say that i'm kind of in shock, had to read twice.... you sold a buck??? not just one buck but actually more than one. I never thought i'd see the day but I think you made a wise decision. the give and take of herd management is sometimes hard.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
David is a beautiful goat. I don’t know anything about standards, but he has really pretty markings, looks really mellow and sweet.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
first off a giant CONTRATULAIONS!!! on the fair wins. it's so nice when all your hard work is validated by other people. we can think our goats look good all day long but when others agree with us that's a whole different matter. so proud for you, GW and little bit too.
then I have to say that i'm kind of in shock, had to read twice.... you sold a buck??? not just one buck but actually more than one. I never thought i'd see the day but I think you made a wise decision. the give and take of herd management is sometimes hard.

LOL yeah, I know right. I do have a love affair with bucks! But I am really happy with the decisions we made. GW is good for me.
We are very blessed goatgurl. The thing about showing is it is one day , good or bad... have fun, learn, enjoy and move on.
Miss you BTW! :hugs

David is a beautiful goat. I don’t know anything about standards, but he has really pretty markings, looks really mellow and sweet.
Thank you Carla D. he is actually a Miniature Lamancha baby. 7 months old. I sure do love my boys. But boy did I smell after handling him. :lol:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Clover was bred by Kiegh. We forgot- Isaac was dewormed with Valbazen. We never use Valbazen but happened to have it on hand. Our other wormers were expired so we pitched all those and just used the Valbazen befor that expired too.
We had some Ivermectin left but used that on goats leaving.
Can't breed him yet (Isaac). If she doesn't take we will do Isaac, we are going to breed Foxy to Isaac too.

I may have a special breeding taking place for one of my Lamanchas... I will know in a week if we can work it out! :fl:fl:fl

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So exciting!

So you’re not breeding Isaac yet because he was recently dewormed with Valbazen or because you want to prevent the shed worms from infecting your does? I know Valbazen is dangerous for pregnant does, but I didn’t know it could be for bucks.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
So exciting!

So you’re not breeding Isaac yet because he was recently dewormed with Valbazen or because you want to prevent the shed worms from infecting your does? I know Valbazen is dangerous for pregnant does, but I didn’t know it could be for bucks.

I'm glad you asked that. I was curious but wasn't sure what the question was. :)

Apparently it is not safe for use in breeding bucks for up to 45 days.
Isaac really didn't have parasites, but we decided to do the bucks in the back anyway because of all the weather stress. Weather stress and being in rut we decided it was a good idea.
We had Valbazen from when we brought an outside goat in and it was being quarantined.

I don't know about you all but dang, we threw alot of meds/products we never used away this year. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they expired and weren't needed but geesh. $$$