Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, they are off! First show of the year.:)
We planned on doing very little this spring by the way of showing because we have a whole group of goats due in June. We are also on test and we have appraisal in Aug. - too much going on to show.
We will do a show next week, Rocky Mount! We are taking 10 goats, no bucks. I really wanted GW and Little Bit to take Prynne and Lemon Drop but GW doesn't want to, she made her points, they are valid, but I still wish they would take them.:lol:
Family, house stuff, and everyday life is a bit too busy to do much this year. Of course we will go to State fair in the fall.

So we took 3 Junior Nigerians. It is super easy because they are juniors and haven't freshened so no milking! :)
But we were asked to bring some bucks. We don't like showing bucks. Bucks prove themselves through their daughters in our opinion and not worth risking a buck for a show.
BUT we agreed to take our 13 month old Lamancha and our 2 1/2 month Lamancha buckling. Hoping they have the numbers now, this way maybe someone can get their leg. Terrible when you are 1 goat shy. We were asked to bring a Nigie Buck but we can't do that. One, no space in the van. Two, Isaac didn't eat at all last show we took him to and he was pretty stressed. Not risking it!
Black Tie (lamancha buck 13 months) is not walked on lead ever so he was so nervous yesterday, and noises out in the big open kinda spooked him... so this should be interesting to see how he does. I just hope he doesn't stop eating.

On the bad side, we had been using sunscreen but two of the does got sunburned. How I don't know, sunscreen every day AND they were in the Jrs lot which is tree covered so completely shady.
Black Tie had already been treated a few weeks ago for ticks, but we were late, so he still has bumps and scabe from all the ticks. He was loaded with ticks. The area is in the woods, ticks are horrid. The cylence has been great, we just didn't start it til too late.

Got kicked in the face by the 50 pound baby lamancha while loading. Yeah, that hurt. :\

Suppose to rain pretty straight for 3 days here. I imagine it will be messy!

I think the kids at home asked the kids that don't live at home to come over... they like to do the Oculus Rift and do game marathons.
I may have been too late in telling them I don't want anyone coming over. :hide