Needless to say we have been so busy!
We got the goats ready for the show.
We took
3 Sr Lamancha Does
1 RG Lamancha Sr Doe
3 Lamancha Jr does
2 Nigerian Jr Does

We had a great show.

With this being our first time showing Lamancha Sr. does, we couldn't be happier. @Wehner Homestead was getting text practically real time as Mariah is the Dam to her doeling Cece! :clap

This was Candlelight JRMY Mariah's (5+ Y/O) first time traveling off the farm since we brought her home. She handled herself great and placed even better with GCH and 2x RCH. Raina 2YO FF (Ripples Rhapsody Spring Reign – a Candlelight Secret Intention daughter) was her obstinate theatrical self. Were were really happy with her placings (4,3,2) but most impressed that she received Best Lamancha Udder in ring 2. The kids placed well (Juniors) and we look forward to watching them mature.
The Lamancha competition is tough. We were showing against Majenli! :thThey have some incredible goats. I feel good when we can just place next to them. :D
As my husband says... may be a small pond but there are some really big fish in it!
There are always great Nigerians there! So we felt blessed to only take 2 goats and both earned their legs. We didn't take any Srs as they are all due this week!

Tiffany (Wings & Caprines CM Tiffany) 2YO FF Recorded Grade Lamancha really made my heart swell. Receiving GCH, RCH, Best RG udder.
The 2 Dwarfs we took both earned their restricted legs. Wings & Caprines SE Totality was GCH in ring 1 so was scratched for the next two, and TTL Eclipse was GCH in ring 2 so was scratched for the third ring.

This is the info I get from the texts... I hope I have listed them right.
Ring1- Judge Cameron Jodlowski
Ring 2 Judge Paula Reisdorff
Ring 3 Judge Don Bergfield

Raina- (Ripples Rhapsody Spring Reign) 2YO FF-
Ring 1 - 4th place
Ring 2 - 3rd place Best Lamancha udder
Ring3 - 2nd place

Mariah (Candlelight JRMY Mariah) Aged doe 5YO
Ring 1 RCH
Ring2 RCH
Ring 3 GCH
Champion Challenge 2/4 :ep

Zephyr ( Worley Lane Zephyr)Unfortunately she was the only doe in her age group. This really was a bummer. With as many Lamanchas that were there why no 4yo? :idunno I have never seen that before. We like hearing what the judge has to say so it really is a downer as she automatically goes to champion line up. :\

Tiffany- (Wings & Caprines CM Tiffany)
Ring 1 - 3rd 1st udder Best udder RG
Ring2 - GCH BOB Best Udder RG
Ring3 – RCH 1st udder in class

Totality (Wings & Caprines SE Totality)
Ring1 GCH
Ring2 scratch
Ring3 scratch

Eclipse (Wings & Caprines TTL Eclipse)
Ring 1 2nd Place
Ring 2 GCH
Ring 3 scratch

Once a Jr doe has earned their restricted leg we do not continue to show them unless it could throw off the numbers (not likely with Nigerians lol) State Fair is an exception.
Most breeders will do the same, it allows your other goats to get a leg or other goats to get a leg. I don't understand why anyone would just show a jr over and over when only 1 leg counts toward Championship.

Mariah- Saturday. We were so overjoyed that she was RCH in both rings, they had to get a pic!
Mariah 1st day 2 RCH.JPG

Never would we have guessed Sunday she would go GCH! :bow:weee:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate 5Yo and first show ever! :th:th:th
Although pics after the show did not go well, the goats were DONE! And trust me - they let you know! Didn't get any pics of Raina or Tiffany and Totality we got today in the front yard, she was DONE!
Candlelight JRMY Mariah GCH & 2x RCH  May 2018 NCDGBA Show  .JPG

@Wehner Homestead the first two goats are ours- this is the "old style". This nice young lady that just kind of meshed with the family really wanted to show Zephyr! She was great, really sweet of her too! I think this was for GCH (not 100% sure)
Candlelight JRMY Mariah GCH.JPG

Raina decided to cooperate a little more each time, I think that may have helped her placings... not sure. She was 4th in 1st ring, 3rd in 2nd ring, and here she was 2nd in 3rd ring!
We were over the top with this placing!
Raina 2nd Place.JPG

This was for best Lamancha udder! Our FF 2yo got it!
Raina- Best Udder Line up- Best Udder Lamancha!.JPG

Recorded Grade Lamancha Tiffany FF udder
Wings & Caprines CM Tiffany Rec Grade Best Udder RG GCH  & RCH.JPG

Still not cooperative but here is SE Totality. Carolina's Girls and Ruth's Grand-daughters GCH-
Wings & Caprines Totality GCH Restricted Leg 5-26 NCDGBA (2).JPG

Next ring her sister got GCH here is TTL Eclipse!
Wings & Caprines TTL Eclipse GCH Restricted Leg May 2018 NCDGBA.JPG

We are feeling a bit overwhelmed. Blessed. Humbled. It was a great show for us but also for so many of our friends too.
Wings & Capines NCDGBA Spring Show May 2018.JPG

A little not on the Dwarf sisters. All of Ruth's kids have earned 1 leg. No matter the buck used, Ruth's kids are very much like her.
I know we all often talk about having a good buck, and yes that is important, but when you find a doe that repeats herself over and over (and she is nice lol) that is a doe you hang on to!
We are watching those Ruth Genetics pass down from her daughters to her grand daughters.
Really excited for these next kiddings.
6 does due this week to next! :eek::eek::eek:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now remind me again.
Who is Totality and Eclipse's daddy?
;)

LOL you know it is Isaac! :lol:

I had to zoom in and crop the pic down... but this is Raina.
Best Lamancha udder!
FF 2YO She was apparently still being "Raina" and not too cooperative... The down side to a goat that makes a lot of milk... weight! So hard to keep weight on a working dairy doe.

@Wehner Homestead this is the Dam to the kid you had considered
Raina Udder FF.JPG

Latest posts