OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
4 months
What are you doing up so late! :D

I have a friend whose wife is opening a coffee/shop deli on Monday and she had a "soft opening"
Tonight by invitation
So we went to that
Took longer to open and more than they thought and they come up a little short on funds so I made an "investment"
Calling it an investment
Dave Ramsey says don't lend a friend money unless you can afford not to be repaid

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Presumably you think she is honest and has a good business plan. Maybe the "interest" or "dividend" on your "investment" will be coffee and pastries in the morning or a sandwich for lunch now and then ;)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
On @OneFineAcre journal there was some discussion on what people like body condition wise on their goats... I think @goatgurl was in the discussion too.

I snapped these pics and just hadn't had time to post.

I like a plumper goat- not fat but I do not like to see the spine. Mariah has a high spine and it bothers me...

This is at morning hay so they are "empty" but the milkers did have feed on the stand- so this is basically empty stomach-
I want more fleshing on this doe-
002.JPG

See what I mean about that spine?
004.JPG

Zephyr is twisted here but notice the fleshing- She milks like crazy- keeps condition and is a far easier keeper.
005.JPG

Charlotte- Charlotte hit a snag 2 months ago and really lost a lot of weight- The extreme weather we have had really affected some of the goats- IMO she is thin and I want 20 lbs on her
007.JPG

This was from a different morning - same scenario-
013.JPG

You can see a glimpse of some of the other goats- they are solid with good "fleshing"
018.JPG

Mini Mancha Trouble on the left Zephyr on the right This is what I like! These are the two best milkers we have.
045.JPG

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    352.3 KB · Views: 83

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just got caught up. Ya'll did great at the show, congrats! The new Lamanchas are just beautiful, I know they have a home that's heaven on earth! SBC I am so sorry that you are having health issues, but as you posted, it is such a blessing to have family, good family around to pitch in when needed. Good kids come from good parents, so give yourself a pat on the back.