babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her family is amazing. I worked in a middle school and there was a little trepidation on my part when I took my first trip to NC to spend a week visiting dairies while staying with @Southern by choice...9 kids at home...what was I getting into??? It was one of the best weeks of my life. Her kids are just a joy to be around, no fighting, doing what they need to do without being told, polite, smart, fun...it made me want to go back for another visit. I had a great time. (Her DH is very nice too, no fighting, doing chores without being told, smart, polite....:lol:).

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think the ones that you think look the worse still look pretty good
The heat has had an impact
We have been shutting the Toggs in a stall and feeding extra feed, beet pulp and 2nd cut orchard
They were looking really good but both look thinner today

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I have one goat that has good flesh, the rest are too thin. IMO. Summers are hard on them.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her kids are just a joy to be around, no fighting, doing what they need to do without being told, polite, smart, fun...
Can I trade her 2 of mine? ;)
They are smart, usually polite, can be fun, don't do much of nuthin' without being told. At 22 & 24 you would THINK they could notice something needs to be done and do it. They would probably be helpful at SBC's house, at least until they figure out they aren't guests :D

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her family is amazing. I worked in a middle school and there was a little trepidation on my part when I took my first trip to NC to spend a week visiting dairies while staying with @Southern by choice...9 kids at home...what was I getting into??? It was one of the best weeks of my life. Her kids are just a joy to be around, no fighting, doing what they need to do without being told, polite, smart, fun...it made me want to go back for another visit. I had a great time. (Her DH is very nice too, no fighting, doing chores without being told, smart, polite....:lol:).
X2
They have sure helped me out on more than one occasion
DH too really nice guy and very supportive to the kids

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow this thread hasn't been updated in a long while.

Entered 24 goats for the NC State Fair :th

Have an awesome friend who is letting us use her horse trailer!
Wow, 24!?!? :th

Awesome... Hope you all doing great!

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, that's the hard thing when you are showing 4 different breeds (well, experimentals/grades aren't an actual breed…) Grades, Nigerians, Lamanchas, & now Nubians :eek: It gets busy and rather hectic. Fingers crossed for good placings.

Last year I only took 7 goats to that show. It's quite a jump! Last year there were over 800 goats total, 300 being Nigerians. Can't wait to see the turnout this year.

@OneFineAcre did you get your entries in? Only a few days left!