Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, it has been a hard decision but we have to do the right thing. Next up are the does… not going to be easy to let go of some of these does.

This guy (Chami) & his brother Gordy will be leaving as well. We have their 1/2 brother (same dam) and Chami's son.

F-1 mini mancha
View attachment 39287
:love him! Who is he out of again?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
His dam was Candlelight Sun Moon & Stars.
We tragically lost Star to a shattered leg. It couldn't be fixed and we lost her and her unborn kids.
Someone is getting one heck of a buck!
Her udder on a 12 hour fill:
Wingin' it Farms Home of Wings & Caprines Dairy Goats 2F udder.JPG

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Will ya'll explain this "downsizing the herd" thing to me? Does that actually mean the goat(s) that live at your place go somewhere else to live(?)....and maybe there's an exchange of money in some cases? I've heard of it...just haven't seen it in action very often...

Ya'll seem to be very good at it - keep up the good work!

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nah, @frustratedearthmother, once a goat is born on your property the property becomes owned by the goat for the duration of the life of the goat. It is stated so in the goat manual you get with your first freshening. All goats born on a property stay on the property regardless of the actual human owner. :) (just messing with you)

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother, once a goat is born on your property the property becomes owned by the goat for the duration of the life of the goat. It is stated so in the goat manual you get with your first freshening. All goats born on a property stay on the property regardless of the actual human owner.

I knew I was following the manual! :)

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL it seems that is what we've been doing for the last few years. We kept a LOT of kids over the last few years with plans on keeping them until kidding. Once they kid we'll keep the top does. Makes it hard with some of these does though :(

I have a doe leaving tomorrow. :)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well yall gonna be real shocked at this-

We sent off a doe today!
Next week another buck.
Tentative for another doe and another buck.

The goal was to retain and then cut back.
Come March there will be another round of goats we will move on and lots of kids.

The home where the doe went saw 2 of our mini manchas.... ummmmm :hide:hide:hide:hide yeah, just not ready to let my lil baby loves go. They would have a great home, I just can't do it yet.

So funny because everyone that comes for Nigies... ends up in love with the Lamanchas and the mini manchas. They may have little ears but they have huge personalities. They are so social and cuddly.

Fair: So much to do. GW is doing most of it but my big part is this week... feet and heads and tails. (Oh My!)
Haven't been to excited about the fair.... kind of just want show season to be done.
Really not happy with the way the Lamanchas look... seems like Sept with goats cycling, bucks heavy in rut they just didn't eat well and are a bit on the thin side. Nothing we can do about it so oh well we will see.
So I am getting more excited and it will all be fine.
I may list some goats after fair.

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, you have the advantage of already having a Very good weight on them already. So, they should look just right at the fair! Good luck and no worrying. It will turn out the way it turns out.