Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Absolutely!!! :D:cool::lol: She can get a hold of me and we will both remind you it is all in God's hands! :cool: And then :smackif you don't listen! That's what friends are for right? :hugs
:D

You know- I just had the best conversation with another goatie friend. She breeds minis as well.
It was so much fun.
It is fun to talk about line ups and who should breed who and why and goals etc.
The best part it wasn't some "competition".... talking about what we like, what we don't, what we want to improve, and mostly about the goat- I think there is a huge factor missing when we only look at LA scores, milktests, stars, wins etc.... they are all great but at the end of the day is the goat one I love? Is she an easy keeper? Rugged? Hardy? Enjoyable? Does she milk with ease? Does she stay in milk for as long as you will milk her?
We talked about goats!
About parasites.
About weather and goats.
Loss.
Health.
Ups and downs.
Personalities.

I miss that.
It was wonderful!

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:love Now I am jealous! Lately I find the only person, besides you, that I can talk to about that kind of stuff is my Dairy Management professor while we are visiting dairies.
For myself, I like easy keepers and parasite resistant, meaning the parasites don't take a hold on them. That girl I lost last spring, I just found out she died from a uterine infection and the other girl I lost was because of heart scarring. At least they didn't die from parasites!
Of course, I really need goats who have good attitudes. I got rid of an entire line of great milkers because they were such PITA's!!! All of them!

dejavoodoo114

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention, my Dairy Professor knows almost nothing about goats. She is asking me what she needs to include in the class about dairy goats. Still, there is a lot that Should be similar even if the Dairy cow industry is so very different from the dairy goat industry.