babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce the plan is all the kids are going to a friends house and she is raising them for me. I don't plan on keeping any bucklings so I have a buyer for them as soon as they are trained to the bottle. Doelings are another story. I should keep all doelings from Jumanji so it may get to be a full house pretty quickly. all LM doelings will be sold as BBs ASAP and mini Alpines does will be retained for now. I have never pulled kids at birth, I have pulled them at a few weeks but never at birth. I have never had to worry about feeding colostrum and I still don't know if I want to let the doe nurse the kids for a few days or pull immediately. I'm not crazy about trying to get a newborn on a bottle...we will see.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tell DH to pick up something good
How about BBQ ?
That is what I suggested. Who knows what he'll get.

Maurine wants to leave at 12
If that's the goal we will leave at 2 or 2:30
LOL that is the way it is here- the goal is 10:30 but who knows.

I wish y'all the best!

How many goats are you taking?
24 are scheduled but Jane hurt her shoulder. Mariah is scratched as well. 20-22 Goats

@Bruce the plan is all the kids are going to a friends house and she is raising them for me. I don't plan on keeping any bucklings so I have a buyer for them as soon as they are trained to the bottle. Doelings are another story. I should keep all doelings from Jumanji so it may get to be a full house pretty quickly. all LM doelings will be sold as BBs ASAP and mini Alpines does will be retained for now. I have never pulled kids at birth, I have pulled them at a few weeks but never at birth. I have never had to worry about feeding colostrum and I still don't know if I want to let the doe nurse the kids for a few days or pull immediately. I'm not crazy about trying to get a newborn on a bottle...we will see.
Far easier to pull at birth- they take the bottle so much easier.
Why are you selling all the LM's?

I do know one thing- after they leave for fair- I am taking a LONG nap! :D
My boys are coming to help out this weekend! :)

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Selling all the LM babies...I don't really need any more goats and I am obviously keeping the Alpines and I think I am going to try the minis again. I am milking one and she milks quite a bit for a FF, I have 5 minis to breed for next year and a few standards that I will breed for minis...I think. My nigi buck is with 4 other bucks so it is hard to get him out when I need him without "inviting" the entire "crew". I have 12 bred (hopefully) but many many more to go.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Um, you mean ON SCHEDULE GW? I didn't know that was possible, it never seems to work a my house.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are checked in and set up. :)
I get to supervise breeding pen today- lol
027.JPG 028.JPG 029.JPG 030.JPG 031.JPG 033.JPG 036.JPG

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Van and truck and trailer??? I was wondering how she was hauling all these goats. I think it is awesome and amazing that your DH is so in to this...things we do for our kids...and then we learn to like it.