Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
WOW... Wrist saver extraordinaire! :D Hope it works out better than anticipated! I'm only milking one (right now) and have seriously considered the cost of a machine... But then I'm lazy :hide:hu

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
WOW... Wrist saver extraordinaire! :D Hope it works out better than anticipated! I'm only milking one (right now) and have seriously considered the cost of a machine... But then I'm lazy :hide:hu
Faster to hand milk and the clean up would NEVER save you time. ;)

LOL I cannot hand milk because of my hands With them all going to try and show here and there I need to be able to milk the goats.
@Goat Whisperer is way faster than a machine and likes it better but this will be good for all of us. Allows for more flexibility.

We ordered two lines- one set of small inflations and one set of the standard. We only have the lid for one ... so we were going to put a y in but still just milk one at a time... but @babsbag who has clarity of mind LOL said why don't you get a new lid- one for 2 goats....

duh.... cause I am thoroughly confused on all things milk machine :lol:

so I think we will even if we don't milk two at a time it probably will be better.

What is really awesome is cantankerous Millie that is a bear to milk..... put the inflations on and she just stood there! :th

Leah (Nigie) was like :oops: :eek: what are you doing!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can take the wildest goat in the herd and put a bucket of grain in front of them and slap that inflations on and they don't seem to care one bit. They will let me wash the udder, but heaven forbid if I try to hand milk them. They jump, fuss, and carry on something fierce.

You know that you can change the speed on the pulsator? I have a few does that have big teats and they fill slowly in between each squeeze and if I milk too fast they don't fill and it takes FOREVER to milk them out.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can take the wildest goat in the herd and put a bucket of grain in front of them and slap that inflations on and they don't seem to care one bit. They will let me wash the udder, but heaven forbid if I try to hand milk them. They jump, fuss, and carry on something fierce.

You know that you can change the speed on the pulsator? I have a few does that have big teats and they fill slowly in between each squeeze and if I milk too fast they don't fill and it takes FOREVER to milk them out.

You speak russian... :lol: I am doing good to understand which switch to flip- I will be getting a crash course tomorrow!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not going into detail but as many of you read awhile back I had gotten sick from a medicine but that wasn't the whole story. My comprehensives came back and at least I have a diagnosis. It will be a long haul for me. I hesitated to post these pics and opted not to put them in the LGD section... as you can see I have really lost more weight and much of my muscle... so please no wise cracks.
I am alive and intend to stay that way! :)
Today as I went out to see my goaties and my pregnant does especially the dogs came round as usual, but today I was also reminded of the loss of Callie... my old farm partner that co-owned callie with me mentioned how he missed her. I miss her everyday. Everyday. :(
So as the boys came round and Chunk wanted to do "Bunny puppy" I walked over picked a spot where no goat berries were and plopped myself down... of course I hadn't planned on pis being taken but that is ok... I just enjoyed the time with my boys!

This is 3 intact males!

Of course the goats were photo bombing the whole time. :rolleyes: But these are my favs... Me and my boys!

Chunk! The little doeling in the background is Millie's doe! She is official this year LOL Her name is Sweet Pea ( not Patience- we changed it)
Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs (1).JPG

Always and forever my boy climbing in my lap... he is so sweet to me so gentle he waited for me to ask him to climb in my lap. Chunky is all heart! I adore him.
Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs (2).JPG

Blue! Different Color but spittin image of his mama! Hard headed stubborn most awesome dog! :D
Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs (3).JPG

Blue always on one side Chunk on the other.:rolleyes:
Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs (4).JPG

Making sure all three get loving at the same time... good thing I'm flexible! Pete is such a babylove!
Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs (5).JPG

Blue loves the camera. Goof ball!
Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs (6).JPG

Big ole noggins!
Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs (7).JPG

In the middle of lounging they heard or saw the neighbor down the way.
Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs (8).JPG

Chunk and Blue
Wingin' it Farms Livestock Guardian Dogs (9).JPG

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics. Sorry you're dealing with the health/meds issues :(:hugs But like you said, you may be skinny, but plan on staying around for a long while yet.:clap Sorry that I never got a chance to get back over that way with Mel before getting tied down to my farm with animals.