Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Clover was 2nd in One ring- GW cannot remember what she did in the other two rings
All 3 girls were about in the middle of ~18? goats in the next 2 rings.
Not great, not bad either.

I never saw the point of having lean yearlings anyway...Why should a goat be lean if she isn't working yet?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't feel bad SBC, I can no longer run either. This leg and foot just won't function properly any more. Sorry to hear about the toe. Glad all the goats were okay, and isn't that the way it always happens? Never can find what ya need in a rush, but it sounded like "Rescue by Committee".

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew - just getting all caught up...ya'll been busy! So sorry about the toe - foot issues are NOT fun!

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
All 3 girls were about in the middle of ~18? goats in the next 2 rings.
Not great, not bad either.

I never saw the point of having lean yearlings anyway...Why should a goat be lean if she isn't working yet?
Remember "Fat Clarabelle " !

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad the goats got rescued - that would be scary! Sorry about your toe, hope it heals up soon.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Crazy weekend!
DH, Little Bit (DD) and GW were headed to the show Fri.
But Fri am Jane decided to kid. :)
Finished trimming and getting goats ready to go... loaded... off they went!
:th:th:th

Saturday was actually one of the hardest and probably the worst day I have EVER had on the farm other than losing Callie and losing Star.
In one way or another I was covered in poop like all day.
Jane was so swollen after kidding and started running a fever (not too high but a fever none the less and she started having really ploppy mushy poo), I am feeding babies, milking, running around like a mad woman don't know what is going on with Jane. Called the vet and asked if I should just start Penn G... maybe Banamine.
I finally sat down and said "Lord I just need some good news!"
Right then I get a text from @OneFineAcre saying "I guess you heard the good news?"
I text back and say, "No, I haven't heard anything."
He let me know what was going on and shortly there after I got this pic!

010.JPG

Wings & Caprines CarolinaGirl was first place Senior Nigerian Dwarf yearling in ring 1 & 2, was Reserve Grand Champion in ring 1 and went on to be Grand Champion in ring 2. (She is also 3 months bred!) She now has her dry leg. :weee:weee:weee
SSRA show June 10-2017 (6).jpg

Her litter mate sister, SunnyDay CLVR was right behind her, 2nd place Senior Nigerian Dwarf yearling in ring 2 (also 3 months bred).
0610171537.jpg

Our Senior Nigerian Dwarf kid, Wings & Caprines Lemon Ciffon was first place in her age group in ring 1 & 2 and went on to be Reserve Grand Champion in ring 2.
SSRA show June 10-2017 (5).jpg

My favorite pic of Lemon-
SSRA show June 10-2017 (3).jpg

Wings & Caprines CharlotBronte was Reserve Grand Champion in ring 2 (Lamancha)
SSRA show June 10-2017 (8).jpg

Our Grade doe, Wings & Caprines CM Tiffany was Reserve Grand Champion in ring 2 as well.
SSRA show June 10-2017 (1).jpg

This is for BIS- our goat did not get BIS but it was still pretty cool to be there with one of our goats. ;)
0610171652a.jpg

Last edited:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!....:thumbsup
It is always the "Road Crew" and those "Backstage" that bare the "Load" with their "Tongues hanging Out", while the "Stars" are well rested, comfy, and well fed....:)
When ya get so busy, ya need to hook a couple of leads on those "Boys" of yours and slap on your "Skates" and let them pull ya to where ya need to go.....:gig

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!....:thumbsup
It is always the "Road Crew" and those "Backstage" that bare the "Load" with their "Tongues hanging Out", while the "Stars" are well rested, comfy, and well fed....:)
When ya get so busy, ya need to hook a couple of leads on those "Boys" of yours and slap on your "Skates" and let them pull ya to where ya need to go.....:gig

As always those here were awesome! Everyone pitching in and no way could I have managed without them!
As a matter of fact, after everyone got home I still had to bottle feed, hay, feed and milk.... GW took over milking and my one son said- No mom, I got this! I told him I appreciated the help and he said ... NO... I GOT THIS! Go rest!

I am beyond blessed @CntryBoy777 I think it is one of the many advantages of a large family. There is no room for selfishness, no room for the "it is all about me" thing... everyone shares, everyone gives.
It's great they are all leaving the nest LOL but it is also great they come home.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is a Good feeling when ya "See and Witness" the lessons "Taught" seemed to stick some where between the ears of those we have "Raised".....and, that whole "Fruit and Tree" thing doesn't just work in a bad direction everytime, there is also truth in the other direction also. Ya need to make sure that boy gets an extra Biscuit for breakfast as a "Thank-Ya".....:)