Scabby Skin and a Swollen Vulva

EvilAngel

Just born
Reaction score
This is Tempest. She's about 1.5yo and dry. She's in with a buck attempting to get pregnant. These symptoms were present before she encountered the buck. The rest of the herd has no symptoms. Tempest was purchased this year to add to the existing herd.

She has...
Scabby cheeks. The left dried up, hair fell off and got scabby. I watched it, it cleared up with no intervention. Her right is now scabbed up and significantly worse than the left ever was. It is not healing up as she itches it a lot with her hind foot. It's just on the skin, not swollen. *This picture is before it got worse. The scabbed area is now most of her cheek, not just the little shown spot here.

Some sores on her behind. No idea how long they've been there. I don't think very long, I would have noticed. A week? And her vulva is swollen. Maybe she's in heat? I'm not sure.

The pictures are poor. It's hard to snap a clean one with a bucking bronco for a goat. Lol
20190906_071343.jpg
20190906_071343.jpg
FB_IMG_1567772361770.jpg

Any ideas?

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
From the angle of this pic, her cheek looks swollen, could she have something stuck in there? That is where they stash their cud. I have had a couple goats get full walnuts stuck to the point I have had to pry it loose for them. If not something stuck in there, does she have an abscessed tooth?