Scan Man Cometh

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
3 months ago I decided that I had to dispense with my sheep.....cost of keeping them too high, too much work etc etc. Those factors haven't changed, but somehow it didn't happen. Neighbours tup jumped the fence....whoops....so then I thought, well maybe this last year.....

Anyway, 60 odd ewes have been exposed to rams, and some will be having lambs as from 15th March. In two days we will learn how many lambs that may potentially be.....

I'm secretly excited (as always!).....who could not like lambs?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
It's really hard to let go of something you love dearly. For you it just happens to be sheep and lambs :love :hugs :fl you get awesome scan results. :fl:fl this year's lambing goes 1000% better than last years.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK.... scanned for 61 lambs of which 19 singles, 36 twins and two triplets. 4 were 'empty' i.e not 'in lamb'. Sounds pretty fine to me. Clearly the two untested rams 'stepped up to the plate'. Jumping Jack Flash was here last year, so we knew he was fertile (and mobile!).

Lambing (all being well!) should start around the middle or March. Now all there is to do is the hard work of ensuring that they reach their due dates in as good a state as possible.Time to work out the dates for worming, vaccinating and starting to feed 'ewe nuts' to them.