SCORE! Sheep Handling Equipment

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
WHOO-HOO!!!! :weee:weee:weee:weee

I'm just a little excited. I found a Craigs List ad for sheep handling equipment. Two guillotine gates, a stop gate and a 2-way sorting gate for $650 from Premier1. I immediately looked up the pieces, new they totaled $955. This couple had used hog panels to link the gates together on one side, a solid wall on the other side. So we went to go look (read that as BUY because I wasn't leaving without it). BJ and I discussed offering $500 and a strategy. So we told the couple that it wasn't exactly what we were looking for and we needed to "talk about it" and we walked off. snicker, snicker, giggle.....

We mumbled and took our sweet time, then walked back over to them. BJ pulled the money out of his pocket and asked if they would take $500. Then he mentioned again that it wasn't what we were looking for, but that I told him that I could make it work. If they'd take $500, we'd load it up now. Then it was their turn to "talk about it". They came back and accepted our offer. :D =D BJ handed them the money, the men loaded it up and I have sheep handling equipment! :celebrate:clap:highfive::yesss:

We'll probably get it set up tomorrow. :)

Pictures are from Premier1 web site

Stop gate
8614.300x300.jpg

Guillotine gate

8610.300x300.jpg

2-way sorting gate

8608.300x300.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Y'all want to know the funny part? We raised 40 Cornish Cross meat chickens, I had an order for 20. So we slaughtered 20 of them, (BJ is a chicken-picken' champion) and I cut them up, boneless skinless breast, sectioned all the meat, vacuum sealed it, froze it and we delivered it for $5 a pound. Total was almost what we just paid for the sheep handling equipment. Thank you stinky, poop-machine-masters, dirty birdie chickens! :lol::gig

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Total was almost what we just paid for the sheep handling equipment. Thank you stinky, poop-machine-masters, dirty birdie chickens! :lol::gig

Somehow makes it "worth" all the time & trouble!

You will love the assist from this equipment. Time & trouble will be far, far less with it. Hunnert yrs ago we had all the "handling" equipment for some cattle. Worth every penny!!! Or, poopy butts for you :D

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Total was almost what we just paid for the sheep handling equipment. Thank you stinky, poop-machine-masters, dirty birdie chickens! :lol::gig

You will love the assist from this equipment. Time & trouble will be far, far less with it. Hunnert yrs ago we had all the "handling" equipment for some cattle. Worth every penny!!! Or, poopy butts for you :D

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score