Scottish Blackface Sheep For Sale

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I will have about 20-25 Scottish Blackface ram lambs and a few ewe lambs for sale....should be ready to go by first week of May. *Note: Both sexes are horned..... Photo from two years ago showing 3 week old lambs and ewes.
3034_sheeppics_016.jpg
Photo showing yearling ram lambs....
3034_sheep7172007_009.jpg
More photos are in the Scottish Blackface Sheep breed thread.....

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I don't need any ... I don't need any ... I don't need any ...

:hide :hide :hide :hide :hide :hide

They would be the breed of sheep that I would get....and you're not so far away...

I don't need any ... I don't need any ... I don't need any ...

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
:lol:....But Emily....look how pretty this ewe is.....you could have some beautiful Scottish Blackface too. I was hooked the first time I saw them in the John Wayne/Maureen O'Hara movie "The Quiet Man"....filmed in Ireland.....I had over 160 sheep in 2009 and sold about 120 since then. I've kept my very best and have had 14 lambs born so far this season with about 16 more moms to go yet. Ohio is just next door to Michigan...hint...hint...;)....You take care,...and If I can be of any help...just give me a holler! Your neighbor, Rusty
3034_sheeppics_006.jpg

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
The lambs in the first post are three weeks old?! Their fleeces grow fast!

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
aggie....the youngest lambs in the photo are about 3 weeks...some are about 5 weeks..... Glad that the others liked the breed.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Ok, let's satisfy some curiosity here...

What's the going price for your lambs?

How much land do you recommend per animal?

What type of bureaucratic hassle would I need to go through to cross the state line with them?

I still don't need any... :hide But we can satisfy my curiosity can't we? :lol:

RustyDHart

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hi Emily, My prices are reasonable....pm me for details....3-5 ewes with lambs do well on an acre or two...I kept two grown rams on 3/4 acre lots and they did very well. It's not so much the quanity of space...but the quality of the pasture. I'd have to check with my local vet as to any paper work to get sheep across state lines...I know I sold 26 head to a gentleman in Utah....some states between here and there required a vet check and other states didn't.....go figure. I will also have some adult stock available too....one/two rams....and 3-5 ewes.... hope this helps? Rusty

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They are beautiful! If I had any interest in getting sheep I would start researching the Scottish Blackface right now.

I know nothing about sheep. My aunt said they were to much work in the desert so she never had them on her farm - the farm I grew up working on.

I considered them before I decided on goats but I had no idea on the market for fleece and didn't want to deal with shearing. I want some eventually.... but not now.

What are the traits of the Scottish Blackface? What are they like and what are they used for?