SDBoerGoats, HORSE FAIR IS OVER!

SDBoerGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We're trimming their coats, I don't know why a goat has to be shaved to be shown. I think it is stupid, I really do. Give them a good bath and trim their whiskers, hooves etc, like they do with show horses. But nope, they have to be shaved. Just finished 3 of the market goats this afternoon, I am WHIPPED! Would love to take a nap right now but have to run to the feed store for supplies. Can't find the huge bottle of B Complex I bought a couple of weeks ago and it's time for the goats weekly B complex. I probably left if in a goat pen somewhere the last time I used it.
I'd love a shower right now, cause I am all whiskery but only have about an hour til they close, so better just spruce up and go. A nap after the shower sounds good too.......:thumbsup

CochinBrahmaLover=)

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
SDBoerGoats said:
We're trimming their coats, I don't know why a goat has to be shaved to be shown. I think it is stupid, I really do. Give them a good bath and trim their whiskers, hooves etc, like they do with show horses. But nope, they have to be shaved. Just finished 3 of the market goats this afternoon, I am WHIPPED! Would love to take a nap right now but have to run to the feed store for supplies. Can't find the huge bottle of B Complex I bought a couple of weeks ago and it's time for the goats weekly B complex. I probably left if in a goat pen somewhere the last time I used it.
I'd love a shower right now, cause I am all whiskery but only have about an hour til they close, so better just spruce up and go. A nap after the shower sounds good too.......:thumbsup
Oh, that is stupid.. I understand if they were SHEEP, but these are goats.....

Hope you can get them all done w/o wearing yourself out to much!! :hugs Best of luck!

SDBoerGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So...got 4 more goats bathed today, the doelings. Just wanted to wash them and get all dead hair off, they will get bathed again probably Monday. Have all the breeders to bathe tomorrow, I think there's 5 or 6 of them, and also trim their feet.
Went shopping today and got some canvas and will be making goat coats tonight, I think I can pull this off! The sleezy sheep socks aren't working, well, on one goat they are, but they are too big for the other market goats so I will try and make them each a blanket.

Which reminds me, I better get off the computer and get started. Time is running out. :cool:

SDBoerGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The kids took their horses and rode in the Fair Parade this morning, they were dressed up as the Fun Police, giving tickets to people for not having enough fun. While we are waiting for the judge, I see in the distance a couple of Boer goats being led. The closer they get I am like HEY! That's Stinger and Vinnie! Two market goats we sold to the Principal and Vice Principal of the kids middle school.
I was impressed with the way they have turned out, Vinnie was the smallest of our group that was left for sale but he has really developed into a very nice market wether. Stinger was awesome when we sold him, and I told the kids they should have kept him, he was the biggest baby we had. Anyway, the kids had fun, but we are all getting worn out. Every one crashed when we got home and took a nap!

Tonight is pen set up at the fairgrounds, then Sunday and Monday to get ready, then Tuesday morning weigh in and all animals have to be taken to fair. And will be a whole week of camping at the fairgrounds.
Have to run to the feed store soon and get more Developer to make sure we have enough through fair. I think we have just about everything else we could ever need, at least from the receipts from Big R it looks like it!

Latest posts