Selling rabbits

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Honestly when I advertise rabbits I keep it simple, age, breed, wether they are proven or not, just the basics. You'll still get crazies contacting you. I have a website I put the link on, it has a page for our breeds with description. If they take the time they can read. Most just want a pet bunny that won't scratch or bite. Or chew. Some want a 4H bunny and have a bit more knowledge. And some think they'll buy cheap rabbits and get rich raising them.
Those who want to get rich always seem to try and haggle you down! 😆

KellyK

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
approximate ages? Also in the second ad, maybe switch around the last 2
Looking for opinions on these two different sales ads I will post, please:

1) One male and one female San Juan rabbits for sale. This is a small breed. $35 each or $50 for both. They are a bonded pair, but have not produced a litter.

2) Large breed American Blue rabbit kits for sale. This is a dual purpose breed. They make great pets and are also a meat and fur breed. $50 each. Perfect for 4H! Due to the pandemic, I have not had them looked at by a show judge so I don't know how well they could do in a show.

And things I should keep in mind on this venture. Step one of, hopefully, many more litters to sell.
With the Americans I would include if they are pedigreed or not. Drop the mention of the pandemic that can put buyers off. I would also drop the mention of not having had them looked at by a show judge.

Understand you will get tire kickers, possible scammers and be prepared to answer the same questions a few billions times. Pictures will help as well. I have this breed and love them.

For the San Juans including more details on the breed would be helpful. I would love to get this breed as I know a few people who have them, but it is illegal to have them in my state.

KellyK

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Those who want to get rich always seem to try and haggle you down! 😆

I have had people who want me to charge less than what I paid for rabbits and they want them pedigreed at the lower price.

I mean, you COULD in time... but... you'll have some pretty inbred rabbits pretty quickly... lol

I have a total of 3 does and 4 American bucks and 3 does meat mutts. The one American Buck I use with my meat mutts

KellyK

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That's really weird... why are they illegal?
Kentucky. Go figure. But under the law in KY they are illegal to own or possess. Something about Invasive/Dangerous species. I just know they are on the banned animal list in KY. We also can't own a monkey here.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Kentucky. Go figure. But under the law in KY they are illegal to own or possess. Something about Invasive/Dangerous species. I just know they are on the banned animal list in KY. We also can't own a monkey here.
It appears it is just because they LOOK like wild rabbits... but they can't breed with the wild ones so I don't know why that would be a big deal.

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
With the Americans I would include if they are pedigreed or not. Drop the mention of the pandemic that can put buyers off. I would also drop the mention of not having had them looked at by a show judge.

Understand you will get tire kickers, possible scammers and be prepared to answer the same questions a few billions times. Pictures will help as well. I have this breed and love them.

For the San Juans including more details on the breed would be helpful. I would love to get this breed as I know a few people who have them, but it is illegal to have them in my state.
1) I dont know about pedigree. Can you fill me in please? Years ago my sons rexes came with a “pedigree”, but it was just a family tree. Is that all there is to it?

2) So awesome you have them, too!🥰. I have never heard of this breed until last year when I started looking for standard rexes again.

3) i updated with a bit more detail. Aside from being bred to train hunting dogs, there arent many things I know about them. I should probably not include that detail though, lol.

Id be happy to learn any information you have about either breed, but especially the blues.