Selling rabbits

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mine are picky, I actually have a doe that stopped eating when I switched feeds. I feed Bar Ale, but it's 22.99/ 50 lbs. Can you check near you to see if there's a feed mill? Might be able to get them to make feed for you if you buy in x quantity.
Well, the purina mill is about an hour away 🤣🤣. But that doesnt count. I’ll do some more digging to see what I can come up with.

KellyK

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It appears it is just because they LOOK like wild rabbits... but they can't breed with the wild ones so I don't know why that would be a big deal.
I have a New Zealand that is mixed with who knows what and looks like a wild and produces babies that look like the wild ones.

KellyK

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
1) I dont know about pedigree. Can you fill me in please? Years ago my sons rexes came with a “pedigree”, but it was just a family tree. Is that all there is to it?

2) So awesome you have them, too!🥰. I have never heard of this breed until last year when I started looking for standard rexes again.

3) i updated with a bit more detail. Aside from being bred to train hunting dogs, there arent many things I know about them. I should probably not include that detail though, lol.

Id be happy to learn any information you have about either breed, but especially the blues.
Pedigree is the family tree for a animal.

Yes I love them. They are a bit difficult to find. I have 3 does and 4 bucks. Had 4 does but a stray dog got one and killed it.

Let me see what I can get together on the Americans. I have Blues and am looking for some whites.

The pedigrees on mine are interesting. The one set has a ton of line/in breeding going on.

KellyK

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Pedigree is the family tree, usually with tattoo/name, weight, color, photo, genotype/phenotype, etc. Some have more info than others. Depends on the breeder. There are several apps that can track the pedigree for you, but you have to remember to add the info and keep good records.
I am using Kintracks cause it is the easiest. This reminds me I need to touch up the ear tats on the rabbits as a few are badly faded and hard to read.

KellyK

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ugh! Im getting very frustrated with finding a reliable source for their feed. I have two stores by me that sell rabbit food of decent quality, but one never seems to have the same stuff in stock and TSC focuses mainly on Manna Pro and Purina. Im looking at chewy right now, but .... eh. What do you all feed? Ive been trying to stick with Kent.
I feed Blue Seal Home Fresh. We order it online and TSC ships it to us for free. Occasionally we have to go to the store to order through their system to get free shipping to home.

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Pedigree is the family tree for a animal.

Yes I love them. They are a bit difficult to find. I have 3 does and 4 bucks. Had 4 does but a stray dog got one and killed it.

Let me see what I can get together on the Americans. I have Blues and am looking for some whites.

The pedigrees on mine are interesting. The one set has a ton of line/in breeding going on.
Where did you get yours? I got mine from a guy in Medina, OH. I never asked him where he got his though. I will try to remember to ask when I get another doe from him.

KellyK

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Where did you get yours? I got mine from a guy in Medina, OH. I never asked him where he got his though. I will try to remember to ask when I get another doe from him
3 were from a lady near Bowling Green and 5 were from a lady the other side of Lexington.
We lost one of the 5 to a loose dog. Still would like to get more breeding pairs/trios. As of right now I am a bit buck heavy. I am using one of the bucks for my meat mutts.

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
3 were from a lady near Bowling Green and 5 were from a lady the other side of Lexington.
We lost one of the 5 to a loose dog. Still would like to get more breeding pairs/trios. As of right now I am a bit buck heavy. I am using one of the bucks for my meat mutts.
Too bad we don't live any closer together. I do have family in southern Ohio, so it wouldn't put me out if we could work together in the future. I could just incorporate family visits into the trip 🤣