Selling rabbits

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Changed their mind how? Looks like a decent set up to me, except personally I never use chicken wire as it's not predator resistant.
Not sure. The cage used to be 3 ft tall but we cut it in half and were out of hardware cloth. It hangs up underneath our deck. I have had 5 people say they are interested and ask for pictures. Then they say that after seeing the pix they are no longer interested. One said they were looking for other colors. I would rather keep them and do chicks and eggs, but Im not allowed to have them. I did not know that when I bought them of course.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure. The cage used to be 3 ft tall but we cut it in half and were out of hardware cloth. It hangs up underneath our deck. I have had 5 people say they are interested and ask for pictures. Then they say that after seeing the pix they are no longer interested. One said they were looking for other colors. I would rather keep them and do chicks and eggs, but Im not allowed to have them. I did not know that when I bought them of course.
That's weird. People are dumb. Why aren't you allowed to have coturnix?

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That's weird. People are dumb. Why aren't you allowed to have coturnix?
No idea. They allow chickens, recently. They seem to not allow any fowl at all. Before the chicken update, you weren't even allowed to have feed for them. Of course when I saw some wild ducks in the neighborhood I bought some 🤣

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
No idea. They allow chickens, recently. They seem to not allow any fowl at all. Before the chicken update, you weren't even allowed to have feed for them. Of course when I saw some wild ducks in the neighborhood I bought some 🤣
That's really weird. Most places seem to have rules that restrict chickens but don't even mention coturnix, since they are domesticated game fowl. They are quieter than chickens and easy to keep in a cage. I'd go for it and just raise them for the meat and eggs, but that is me. I probably shouldn't encourage rule breaking. If you get caught, have a barbeque and get rid of the evidence?

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
That's really weird. Most places seem to have rules that restrict chickens but don't even mention coturnix, since they are domesticated game fowl. They are quieter than chickens and easy to keep in a cage. I'd go for it and just raise them for the meat and eggs, but that is me. I probably shouldn't encourage rule breaking. If you get caught, have a barbeque and get rid of the evidence?
Lol! I thought about it, but don't want to risk a ticket and then being on their radar. I was surprised when I saw quail specifically mentioned in the city charter.

Ron Bequeath

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ugh! Im getting very frustrated with finding a reliable source for their feed. I have two stores by me that sell rabbit food of decent quality, but one never seems to have the same stuff in stock and TSC focuses mainly on Manna Pro and Purina. Im looking at chewy right now, but .... eh. What do you all feed? Ive been trying to stick with Kent.
I feed a combination of 50%- 18% pellets and 50% combination of shelled corn, cracked corn, oats,, wheat, rolled oats, rolled barley, sorghan( milo), millet, peanut hearts, buckwheat, sunflower seed, crushed soy, and spelts all organic. At the present time the only thing left untouched is the oats so may drop it and add another higher protein.