Selling rabbits

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on these two different sales ads I will post, please:

1) One male and one female San Juan rabbits for sale. This is a small breed. $35 each or $50 for both. They are a bonded pair, but have not produced a litter.

2) Large breed American Blue rabbit kits for sale. This is a dual purpose breed. They make great pets and are also a meat and fur breed. $50 each. Perfect for 4H! Due to the pandemic, I have not had them looked at by a show judge so I don't know how well they could do in a show.

And things I should keep in mind on this venture. Step one of, hopefully, many more litters to sell.

BooksAndChooks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on these two different sales ads I will post, please:

1) One male and one female San Juan rabbits for sale. This is a small breed. $35 each or $50 for both. They are a bonded pair, but have not produced a litter.

2) Large breed American Blue rabbit kits for sale. This is a dual purpose breed. They make great pets and are also a meat and fur breed. $50 each. Perfect for 4H! Due to the pandemic, I have not had them looked at by a show judge so I don't know how well they could do in a show.

And things I should keep in mind on this venture. Step one of, hopefully, many more litters to sell.
You did such a great job highlighting the uses of American Blues. Maybe add a brief description for the San Juans as well? "This is a small breed, suitable for..." or something to that effect.

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@BooksAndChooks - Well... they were bred for training hunting dogs. And, as far as I can tell, they have no standard so I dont know if they'd be allowed to show. But I guess any rabbit can be meat and fur 🤣. Except Niven of course 🤣🤣🤣

I meant this to be a reply. I don't know what happened.

BooksAndChooks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
@BooksAndChooks - Well... they were bred for training hunting dogs. And, as far as I can tell, they have no standard so I dont know if they'd be allowed to show. But I guess any rabbit can be meat and fur 🤣. Except Niven of course 🤣🤣🤣

I meant this to be a reply. I don't know what happened.
Yes, Niven is permanently off limits (unless she keeps trying to eat my couch cushions lol). Just out of curiosity, what are their personalities like?

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, Niven is permanently off limits (unless she keeps trying to eat my couch cushions lol). Just out of curiosity, what are their personalities like?
Naughty bunny! 🥰. Maybe they're carrot flavored? 🤣🤣
They're very sweet. They were clearly handled as kits and even though they're outdoor bunnies and don't get daily cuddles, they do well being handled.
Im super bummed they're not producing kits because I think these would sell better being a small breed.

BooksAndChooks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Naughty bunny! 🥰. Maybe they're carrot flavored? 🤣🤣
They're very sweet. They were clearly handled as kits and even though they're outdoor bunnies and don't get daily cuddles, they do well being handled.
Im super bummed they're not producing kits because I think these would sell better being a small breed.
That is a bummer. Maybe emphasize their great personalities in the ad?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Honestly when I advertise rabbits I keep it simple, age, breed, wether they are proven or not, just the basics. You'll still get crazies contacting you. I have a website I put the link on, it has a page for our breeds with description. If they take the time they can read. Most just want a pet bunny that won't scratch or bite. Or chew. Some want a 4H bunny and have a bit more knowledge. And some think they'll buy cheap rabbits and get rich raising them.