Selling rabbits

BooksAndChooks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So, about a day after I started this thread the San Juan doe started building a nest, but also blocked off access to it. I move the hay so she can get to the nest and she moves it back. She is in an indoor cage (outside) with a hidey hole shelf and thats what she is building her nest in and blocking off the entrance to. I have given her a reprieve in case anything came of it, but it seems not.
This is the cage. Ignore the arrows, this is the only picture I could find right now. View attachment 83210
Forgive me for the dumb question, but is blocking the nest like that bad?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could she just be hiding the nest? I have one doe, she puts the hay in the nest box just so and you can't see anything but undisturbed hay. She has hidden two litters that way so I had to guess the actual kindle date. Now I know just to stick my hand in and feel for the babies under the hay.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The top one is Orchard grass, it makes those little pompoms, the middle is fescue for sure, not positive about the bottom but think it is also fescue but at a different growth stage. The other common one around here is Timothy which makes a little cat tail type top with no spikes coming out of it. A cat tail looking top with spikes coming out is foxtail and at least with horses you do NOT want that in the hay as the spikes embed themselves in the mouth when eaten.

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Could she just be hiding the nest? I have one doe, she puts the hay in the nest box just so and you can't see anything but undisturbed hay. She has hidden two litters that way so I had to guess the actual kindle date. Now I know just to stick my hand in and feel for the babies under the hay.
I tried that but didn't feel anything. Her cage needs cleaned so I’ll try again then. Thanks! Id never heard of that before.

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The top one is Orchard grass, it makes those little pompoms, the middle is fescue for sure, not positive about the bottom but think it is also fescue but at a different growth stage. The other common one around here is Timothy which makes a little cat tail type top with no spikes coming out of it. A cat tail looking top with spikes coming out is foxtail and at least with horses you do NOT want that in the hay as the spikes embed themselves in the mouth when eaten.

Yikes! Sounds terrible.
Thanks for the ID!

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't know if we have state threads on this site, but I just want to share with anyone in NEO or western PA (I originally posted this in the Ohio thread on BYC):

For those who may be interested, I just listed some quail and rabbits on Craigs List. Here are the links.

Quail setup: https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/grd/d/kent-quail-setup/7296558620.html

San Juan rabbits: https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/grd/d/kent-rabbits/7296554019.html

American Blue rabbit kits:

Fishychix

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I’m not sure what people are expecting but every one of them has changed their mind after they see the picture of my quail setup.
24027BA5-9A07-4F09-AD45-A2DB68BAC5F5.jpeg
54AA9CA1-A4BB-4C82-BA88-C6F59B3CF713.jpeg