Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ike hit overnight on the 13th. Took the picture on the 14th. I figured 11 days was long enough to wait, and when I called again 10 days later, they said it might be 2 more weeks & I decided I had enough, as I was tired of carrying 50lb sacks of feed 1/4 mile.
I can see that! I guess they figured you were REAL low priority.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
When Hurricane Ivan hit Pensacola, it centered right over my house not far from Pensacola Bay. We were at the end of the grid and got power on day 32. It would have been up to two weeks longer but I told the boss of the survey crew when they came by that I had a bunch of ribs that I needed to cook up and they were there the next day.

They had been eating on their feet for all that time so they were ready for some home cooking. :)

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
When Hurricane Ivan hit Pensacola, it centered right over my house not far from Pensacola Bay. We were at the end of the grid and got power on day 32. It would have been up to two weeks longer but I told the boss of the survey crew when they came by that I had a bunch of ribs that I needed to cook up and they were there the next day.

They had been eating on their feet for all that time so they were ready for some home cooking. :)
I'd have cooked a whole cow if I thought it would speed things up any.
I didn't cut the trees to restore power tho, I did it because they were blocking my roads and I couldn't get in and out. Lines were down for miles and miles around and all that had to be fixed before power could reach my place, and of course, Houston meroplex area had to come first....losing Houston's customers was taking a huge chunk of $$ out of the power company's wallet.