Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, yesterday I took a break from fooling with the driveway and parking lot and decided to install an instantaneous hot water dispenser. Little did I know just what fun I was about to have. First, I discovered that the garbage disposal and sewer drain pipe prevented me from mounting it where there was a hole in the sink where the soap dispenser was. Since my wife had sprayed the dispenser faucet with paint to match our oil-rubbed bronze faucets, then I knew that I could not return the dispenser. So I decided to cut the tubes going to the tank and go to the hardware store to get fittings to extend the tubing from the dispenser faucet to the tank. It took three trips to the hardware store to finally get everything needed to get the dispenser installed and working. But the three trips in the dually truck on the driveway, which is still quite soft from the rain, pretty much ruined whatever was nice from the boxblade work! :barnie

Today I will be looking for health insurance for me and my wife. When I retired last October, I decided to take COBRA for the insurance. That will end at the end of the year, so now I will be looking for insurance for both of us. While I am covered by Medicare, my wife is not old enough yet, so I will be having to find private health insurance for her. What can you folks advice me regarding private health insurance?

Senile Texas Aggie

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
If she is in good health, try going on line and looking up Liberty Health Share Plans. It is like the christian based plan Medishare, but they do not require you to be a member of a specific church but to just be of christian faith. When I was in danger of losing my full time status about 2 years ago, I had talked to them and was going to get mine through them. Since I am about 30 lbs. overweight for my height, it was going to cost me about $275. a month.... there are some limitations, and restrictions, but it would be in your best interests to at least look into them. Not to be nosy, but how long before your wife can qualify for medicare? I just turned 65 in Sept., and will be on medicare in Dec as that is when our fiscal year at work rolls over, and with the farms that are selling out and skipping tests, I will be losing my full time status for sure. It is kinda a blessing that is is working out this way for me. I wanted to stay on the ins at work for as long as possible, since we have a health savings plan and they match $1500 per year.... but if I lose my full time status then I am better off going on medicare. Plus with medicare, I won't have to deal with the outrageous high deductible of $6500 that we have. I am better off with medicare, and I will have gotten my full allowance from the health savings match for the year.
One of my farmers has Liberty and is very satisfied with it. It's a health cost "sharing plan" and he said they take a little longer to pay you back, but it has been good for them. There's him, his wife, and 2 of the 3 boys on it, the oldest has medical through his job I think.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry... I'm of no help in that I'm in the VA system so have no insurance at all. I will file for Medicare when I hit 65 and then use that along with the VA. Hope you can find something comprehensive at a reasonable cost... If that's even possible anymore... :hu