1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Baymule’s 4th Lambing. - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by Senile_Texas_Aggie, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Dec 6, 2018 at 10:15 AM
    Senile_Texas_Aggie

Senile_Texas_Aggie Loving the herd life

All,

My Beautiful Gal and I went to Fort Smith early yesterday to pick up a glass covering for the coffee table and several screens for our windows that had gotten damaged. When we got back, I decided to round up all of the brush into two brush piles and burn them. Once I had finished the first brush pile, I tried lighting it, using diesel as a starter. Once the diesel burned off, the fire went out. I guess the brush is still wet from the last rain, and with more rain on the way, I doubt I will be burning the brush any time soon. By the time I finished rounding up the brush for the second pile, it was getting dark, so I came in. I didn't log into BYH, but waited for this morning.

When I did log in this morning, I couldn't believe how many posts had been made! I spent an hour catching up! I wish I had been on-line, so I could have participated in the fun! Thanks to all for all of the humor I was able to read.

Mr. @greybeard, I failed to answer your question you posed to me recently:
    Here is the page from my owner's manual that made me think that was the fusible link:
    20181206_085600_fusible_link.jpg

But if you think I am misreading the manual, by all means let me know.

Senile Texas Aggie

2. Dec 6, 2018 at 10:23 AM
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats True BYH Addict Golden Herd Member

Yes sir, you sure missed a funny evening..have a fantastic day :frow

3. Dec 6, 2018 at 11:01 AM
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master Golden Herd Member

fusible link.jpg
    The connector, is just that..a connector. The fusible link is the wire itself that goes from one side of the connector to the hot lug on the starter. Most of the time, they burn in half somewhere in the middle of the wire, and the way you would replace it, is to cut the wire ahead of where it enters the connector and splice in a new wire of the proper size.
    That replacement part SBA385608910

Is a Case/New Holland part that is likely, nothing but a piece of insulated wire about 10" long with a ring connector on the starter end and a crimp splice connector on the other end. $32 at NHC and you can get the same thing at NAPA for less than $10.
    18gafuselink.jpg

4. Dec 6, 2018 at 2:24 PM
    Senile_Texas_Aggie

Senile_Texas_Aggie Loving the herd life

Mr. @greybeard,

Thanks for setting me straight. I'm glad I didn't cut the connector in two only to find that it was a connector! Doh!

Senile Texas Aggie

5. Dec 7, 2018 at 11:57 AM
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master Golden Herd Member

You do have a glimmer of light once in awhile! LOL LOL

6. Dec 7, 2018 at 7:15 PM
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I believe you are right Bay, he did a fine job of trouble shooting the failure. No idea what I would have done in his shoes!