Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
More on the goats clearing out the vines and other things. Here is a snippet from Google Earth to give you an idea of what I was showing in the previous pictures. Point "A" is where I took the pictures from, and the white lines show the approximate directions I was looking:
20181213_140400_goat_area.JPG

What I am wondering is this: will I need to clear out a path for electric fencing so that it would not ground out? And would I need to get the electric fencing close to the ground to prevent them from trying to go under it in the low spots?

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think STA is very sweet. He always refer to his wife "my beautiful gal".....***heart melt***

I have called my wife my Beautiful Gal since shortly after we were married. And she is my Beautiful Gal. :hugs

Ya just might get a chance to meet here in Florida first

Let me know when you can and maybe we can work something out.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
will I need to clear out a path for electric fencing so that it would not ground out? And would I need to get the electric fencing close to the ground to prevent them from trying to go under it in the low spots?
Yes and yes, with the 1st yes dependent on what kind of vegetation exists at near ground level.
You can get an energizer that puts out enough reserve voltage that it will still be a strong animal deterrent even in heavy weeds and grass, but if it's thicker, like vines you will have to cut them from under the fence.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Both of ya can KMB. Teehee......:lol:
KMB??

Ya just might get a chance to meet here in Florida first....that is if the timing of things works out here shortly....I'm still seriously considering the Offers and will PM ya before too much longer.....:)
:wootHe's cracking, he's gonna let his friends help if they can :celebrate

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie ; have you ever thought about asking at the extension service if there is anyone who rents out their goats to do brush clearing? Some states are actually hiring some goat people to do clearing of brush under power lines and such. Ought to check around and see if there is anyone doing that. Sure there would be some cost, but maybe a good way to get some steep ground cleaned up, with no capital outlay on your part and someone else with the equipment and knowledge to do the work. Just a thought.