Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can't have the Zinger â„¢ award, it is housed here. I managed to back up just a BIT too far when moving snow the other day and ran the back of the flail into the hood of DD2's car. It also dredged a rut in the headlight lens. Now I gotta pay to fix them (fix means replace) :( I don't know that any insurance covers running into your own car with a flail mower when it is parked off the street. Even more sad (if possible) is that both of those parts (plus a bunch of others) were replaced this past February after DD2's accident.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
No need for you two to share, you can each have your very own award!

@Bruce

@Senile_Texas_Aggie
1573996171254.jpeg

1573996171254.jpeg

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Miss @Baymule! How did you find a picture that looks so much like me?

Today my Beautiful Gal and I continued working along the edge of the pasture. I was using the grapple to pick up what we cut down yesterday, while my Beautiful Gal was using the pole saw to continue trimming or cutting down trees. Near the end of the work day, my Beautiful Gal cut through a substantial sized cedar tree. It wouldn't fall because its limbs were hung up in the limbs of the trees next to it. I decided to push it over with the grapple. I didn't push it up high enough on the trunk. Instead, the bottom of the tree moved away from the stump, and the tree fell toward and onto the tractor. Fortunately it wasn't so heavy that it crashed through the canopy, or I could have been a goner. But one thing it did was to completely break off the hydraulic lines at the grapple. I didn't notice at first, but realized it when I tried to open the jaws of the grapple and of course they did not open. So tomorrow I will install new hydraulic lines. Oh the joys of brush clearing!

Senile Texas Aggie