Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie .......SOOOOO Glad to see your post. I didn't see your post on @Bruce 's journal that said you needed to take a break, and kept coming back to your journal, hoping that you would say something here. Like @CntryBoy777 did on his journal, saying he was going to stop posting and all due to his concerns with the gov't problems, and tracking people and things.... at least we KNEW it was not us, or anything personal, and we knew that he was okay, did not just stop posting.
Honestly, I think many of us were very worried that something had happened to you or your beautiful gal with all the covid crap, and if it was tragic, no one would know.....
Many of us have at least one other member that has personal contact info.... and you might want to consider that.... say let @Bruce or someone have a phone number so that if you go missing, that person could call you and then at least pass on to everyone else that you are okay....but just "off" for awhile.... or if there is an illness or at worst a tragedy, we would all be able to know and help if possible. Like with @Latestater when Joe went in the hosp and then suddenly passed away....at least we had @Devonviolet to let us know and all that, as sad as it was.....

BUT glad that things are okay and looking forward to hearing from you.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie Wow! I was JUST thinking about you this morning! There’s a new person on The Easy Garden who is probably going to read through all of Baymule’s threads, and it made me think of how you found BYH because of her I Hate Greenbriers thread. And then I wanted to mention that, but you were never around any more, so I decided to just keep quiet.

I’m so glad you’re back! :hugs And I’m so glad you and your Beautiful Gal are ok!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie Wow! I was JUST thinking about you this morning! There’s a new person on The Easy Garden who is probably going to read through all of Baymule’s threads, and it made me think of how you found BYH because of her I Hate Greenbriers thread. And then I wanted to mention that, but you were never around any more, so I decided to just keep quiet.

I’m so glad you’re back! :hugs And I’m so glad you and your Beautiful Gal are ok!
Who is stalking me on TEG? LOL LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Oh, I figured out who is stalking me on TEG. She doesn't live very far from me, so we will have to become real face to face friends!

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score

Thank you so much! Now you can mention me to that new person on TEG, and tell them that I have been a stalker as well! :)

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Now you can mention me to that new person on TEG, and tell them that I have been a stalker as well! :)
Done!

And since @Wyndsong is a member here, I told her I would tag her in this conversation and invite her over!

:frow Hi Wyndsong!

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @Ridgetop,

The following text is a quote from a post you made recently on Mr. @High Desert Cowboy's journal (located here: https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/high-desert-cowboy-how-far-is-it-up-north.36780/post-686324)

Most true scientists are saying that this is a normal weather pattern that occurs every so many generations. Ignore the liberals and their howls of climate change.

Could you provide me with a list of the names of those true scientists who do not think that the current heating of the globe is caused by human activity? I would be interested in reading what they have to say.

Senile Texas Aggie

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss @Ridgetop,

The following text is a quote from a post you made recently on Mr. @High Desert Cowboy's journal (located here: https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/high-desert-cowboy-how-far-is-it-up-north.36780/post-686324)

Could you provide me with a list of the names of those true scientists who do not think that the current heating of the globe is caused by human activity? I would be interested in reading what they have to say.

Senile Texas Aggie
I don't know about scientists....

But I know half of Texas used to be under water.... I used to dig up fossilized sea snail shells out in the hill country...

And Lost Maples park, has Maples.. a remnant from when Texas was way cooler and wetter and had Maples all over... but as Texas got hotter and drier the only Maples that were able to survive are there at that park.... where a unique micro climate keeps them happy.

Then there is palmetto state park where palmettos grow.... and again, just a remnant area left over from when Texas had a climate similar to modern Florida.

All of that DRASTIC change was way before the industrial revolution. :idunno

It is possible that humans are accelerating things, but drastic climate changes have always happened.

The big issue is before the modern age if a river flooded, or the coastline changed... you just moved..

nowadays it is way more difficult to do that..

Personally, I think we should focus more on the things that CLEARLY are man made and make a huge impact on the environment.

Like plastic.

So bad.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Alaskan is right. Just look at the areas that used to be lake beds in the middle of deserts. Death Valley used to be one huge lake. Rivers have changed course or dried up. All happening before human industrial age.

Studies were made years ago of rising waters of Great Lakes by scientists. First hypothesis was that human occupation had changed the lake elevations Scientific tests and studies determined that the lakes had been much higher many centuries before modern people arrived and built homes there. As well as much lower at other times in history.

The cliff dwellers of Arizona lived in those areas when the land had a lot of water and was fertile. When the land grew dryer they moved away.

In any study of archeology you will find that climates have changed all over the world for thousands of years. This has caused human migration from place to place.

In our own history there was a mini ice age across Europe centuries ago.

Our lives are short compared to this planet. Just because we are seeing climatic changes during the current times does not mean that they are unknown throughout history. I do not remember the names of the individual different scientists that have argued about climate change being unknown until modern times. I have seen many programs on History channel, National geographic etc. You can find their articles on line. Assuming they have not been removed.

Since certain political powers of the current government want to use climate change to ensure more control of our lives, many of these scientists are not being publicized. Rather like those epidemiologists that are saying the vaccines are not safe for children and young adults. We have both gotten the Phizer vaccine with no problem. One of our friends got her vaccine and has had constant physical problems ever since. She has that rash that is so painful all over her body and the doctors don't have anything they can do for it. Continual muscle aches and weakness. And the government insists everyone should have it including children who have almost no danger from Covid.

Climate change has been a naturally occurring phenomenon for millennia. In addition, the majority of impact on the current climate is not occurring from the US. It is currently is coming from China and India, neither of whom have to do anything to cut back on their problematic industrial emanations. With India their main pollution problem is from their population's preference for cooking on open fires.

Blind belief in government information can be dangerous.