Senile Texas Aggie - comic relief for the rest of you

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Mr. @Bruce and Miss @farmerjan, for posting about the weather. Do either of you have pictures of the snow around your places?
Here are photos from my place this past week

20220101_095254.jpg
20211231_153307.jpg
20211231_152543.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Doesn't seem as if you've been using the BBQ there Al!

DD1, still no power. No crew assigned. There is a an outage of 245 customers BARELY west with a crew assigned but not on site. I'm not believing those people will get power back in an hour like it says. HOPEFULLY when the crew shows up for that one they will also deal with DD1's BF's house. I gotta believe that, like @Ridgetop, they have a blown transformer. No outage on that road east of his house and the 2 others on the shared driveway. They are their own outage of 3 houses as of 10:20 this morning. Not sure why it doesn't say Monday morning like the other ones, they never got power back.

They are going to Richmond for Covid testing tomorrow. Soon as they get their results they have to hightail it to Canada since there is a 72 hour requirement. I sure hope DD can get back to school!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Reading about the power outages, snow and low temperatures makes me glad I’m in Texas. I experienced the worst winter storm of my lifetime last February and that’s enough for me. Hope power comes back on for your DD @ Bruce.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very true! It is a nice homemade big one too. But it doesn't do so well once temps are below 20F.
Best bring it in the house where it is 40°F then Al !!! ;)

Yeah power would be nice, they've now been out 4 days. The outage area right next to them had a crew assigned but not on site, up by 10:30 last night. At 11 the status had been changed to no crew assigned. Now it says "crew is en route to an event". Oddly not phrased "en route" or "en route to THIS event". Hopefully it is just weird wording.

DD and BF went to his grandfather's for a shower yesterday according to DW.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nothing yet, been out over 4.5 days now. They went to Richmond for their Covid tests today which means they have to be on the road back to Canada pretty much ASAP. I think there is a 72 hour window after the test or they won't let her back in.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I watched the news last night @Bruce and it seems there is a pocket of an area that is still out. The central Va power co said they hoped to have everyone back on by Sunday... that there were areas that they could not get the trucks into due to the storm and snow and all. I feel bad for your DD and her boyfriend and all. Hope they can make the trip back up and her be able to get back to school with no other problems.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here are photos from my place this past week
Beautiful pictures, Mr. @Alaskan! Thanks.

DD1, still no power.
Holy cow, Mr @Bruce. Both my parents and my wife's parents had to do without power back in Dec 2000. An ice storm hit Christmas night and knocked out all of the power over a wide region for a week. We well residing in McKinney at the time, which wasn't affected.

The worst we have had for loss of power is only a few hours. Being without water last February for a week (thanks to my superb water line repair abilities -- NOT!) is the worst we have had.

I hope your daughter can get back into Canada with no problem.

Senile Texas Aggie

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No suggestion that power is back on. But they presumably left/are leaving (BF likes driving at night) today. Will probably stop in the Boston area either at DD's best friend's or the home of a roommate I think she should be picking up for the ride back to school.

MAYBE the power will be back on when BF gets back home? He's going to fly. From what I can find the flights are about 5 AM so I GUESS they'll arrive in Sackville tomorrow or Monday and he'll fly out Tues or Wed. Not like we get much in the way of details. Found out from DW's sister (lives in Alexandria) that they were leaving some time today. I guess DD answered a text from her, DW hasn't heard anything since last night.

ETA- DW sees that the marker at BF's house has disappeared. Maybe power is back on?

Last edited:

Latest posts