Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coyotes don't run in packs and won't they are one male one female and pups. That they kick out yearly.
The do HERE! You can hear the pack as it moves and the dog barking noise moves with them. Not that the dogs are moving but they start barking as the pack moves closer to them and quiet down when it moves away and the next dogs "in line" start barking.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't think u guys have coyotes down south I think you have red wolves. Coyotes don't run in packs and won't they are one male one female and pups. That they kick out yearly. We have started getting bobcats on trailcams this year and people have seen black bear. Also the black cats.
Without a doubt they are coyotes, not red wolves.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I would like to have a toli or two but just can't do it what I would love is to fence off all of my place and have two black mouth great Danes run the place
We have a big black half Great Dane, half Labrador that runs the place. He makes a pretty good guardian too, but is more of a pet. He's a year and a half old. He is BIG.

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Coyotes live in packs around our place also. You can hear them all year round, but mostly in fall they will start yipping in the evenings. There is usually about 4 different voices of howls and then add in the 4 or 5 young pups. There are actually a couple of packs near us - one north and one southwest. We have 2 large dogs that walk the property with us about 3 times a week or so during the summer. We don't see much sign up around the buildings, but we do see their holes in the hay field where they dig up the gophers.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We will see them in small packs here. Usually only a few together. Often see them in 2's and 3's. In late summer and fall you can definitely hear the young ones yipping when they are out with the momma hunting. If they would catch the ground hogs I probably wouldn't mind them near as much. They would rather go after the cats, and the sheep and the baby calves than dig up a @%$#@ groundhog.