Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
OH, that is what I missed :( He's so young! Do his parents have it as well?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
OH, that is what I missed :( He's so young! Do his parents have it as well?
I do not know. I contacted the lady I got him from and didn't get much of a response beyond "Oh I am so sorry" I elected to let it go and do the best we can for Sentry. I refuse to engage in cyber war.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Man, I would hope they would do a lot of testing and not breed those dogs anymore if there is even a slight sign of dysplasia in her breeders. I don't know if Sentry's issue could be a one off "never happens" and not genetic or if he just got the short end of the stick with bad structure from the start and all his siblings will end up with HD in a few years.

Of course she SHOULD refund your money, doesn't sound like she offered that up. Some people have low moral character.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I do not know. I contacted the lady I got him from and didn't get much of a response beyond "Oh I am so sorry" I elected to let it go and do the best we can for Sentry. I refuse to engage in cyber war.
I am sorry to hear about Sentrys surgery. I hope he heals well so he can get back to his sheep.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay, I was sure sorry to hear about Sentry's diagnosis....that's a tough pill to swallow, especially when one is already attached to a dog. I have a feeling Blue has the same problem, as he came to us with a limp in that back end and seems pretty weak back there, but seems to do well when the hip isn't too stressed and, even when it is, recovers by the next day.

We'll see how he does as he puts on wt and grows.

I'm glad you are keeping Sentry, he seems like a GREAT dog. :love

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed I sure hope Blue does not have HD. It is terrible words to hear from your vet.

Yes, Sentry is a great dog, that makes it all the more awful for him. I just want him to have a good life.
How can he not have a good life Bay ? He has the most caring , loving and wonderful human mom and dad taking care of him and making the best decisions for his well being....he is one lucky boy :love ...and he has quite a bunch of us wishing him a successful recovery :hugs

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed I sure hope Blue does not have HD. It is terrible words to hear from your vet.

Yes, Sentry is a great dog, that makes it all the more awful for him. I just want him to have a good life.
Sounds like you've done all you can to get him out of pain and that's all anyone can do. I'm betting he has a GREAT life, as all your animals do. I have a feeling he'll be able to go on and be the working dog you planned for him to be all along....he seems to be very strong and agile.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He must be feeling pretty good, he wants to run and play with Carson when I take him on potty walks. Nope. Can't do that!