Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I left him out of his pen all day. The sheep are dry lotted, there is no grass. we need RAIN! So he was in pasture #1, and had access to the sheep by popping through the cow panels. It is getting a little harder for him to crawl through the holes. Where did he want to be? In the barn/lot with the pregnant ewes. The ewes are accepting him, he just wants to hang out with them.

We have had Sentry 1 week and 1 day. He is learning commands. He knows Get Back! at the gate. He stops 3-4' from the gate and sits down. If I want him to go through the gate, I step aside, face him and call him. Then he comes through the gate. NO!-we're working on it. SIT!-he sorta has that. DOWN!-he has practically stopped jumping up on me. COME!-he happily runs to me. He ignores the chickens. I feed him, then take away his bowl, make him sit before I give it back to him. He is one smart puppy.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I was butchering roosters when I heard a guinea squawking explosion. I looked and saw Sentry "playing" and the guineas flying over the fence. I yelled NO! and AAHHHNNNTTTT!!!! he immediately stopped and sat down. I could literally see him thinking it over. After a few moments he got up and wandered off to watch sheep. This pup is freaking outstanding.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today I was brushing Trip, and I pulled wads of fur off the brush. He didn’t have any matted up wads, but lots of fur had to come off.

f336c6a6-0c8b-4f5b-adc0-d0c8c537017e-jpeg.12363

Sentry watched with great interest. He tried to chew brushes. No Sentry. He tried to chew my arm. No Sentry. A wad of fur got tossed past him. He chased and pounced on it. He bit it, but there was nothing to chew. He sure tried, but fluff is not much fun when soaked in dog slobber. He tried to spit it out, that didn’t work either. I finally pulled it off his tongue.

d14b77a8-a817-476a-9017-a0e62cf7d66f-jpeg.12362

Look at those BIG FEET! LOL