Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any "interaction" with Sentry and Paris?....as of yet....:fl
Not yet. I am waiting on him to get big enough that he can't go through the cow panels. There are cow panels on one side of the lambs pen. If he goes through it, he can run down the side pasture to the backyard fence where Paris is. The side pasture has some cow panels in it, he could crawl through and be in the front yard-and I don't want that. So for now, no introduction. I think he may be getting there. He had a hard time a few days ago and since then he hasn't been crawling through to get in the ewe's pen. We'll see.

Last edited:

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Man oh man that’s a great looking dog!! He’s going to be awesome I bet. On our last pup to train we tried “stop” and “wait” instead of “no” it was a tip from something I read. Worked out pretty good. I don’t know if it’s any better than just the classic “no”. But it is nice at times, if he’s acting up I can say stop and then wait he just sits right where he’s at. Most of the time it works lol he is a mastiff and stubborn.

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today I was brushing Trip, and I pulled wads of fur off the brush. He didn’t have any matted up wads, but lots of fur had to come off.

f336c6a6-0c8b-4f5b-adc0-d0c8c537017e-jpeg.12363

Sentry watched with great interest. He tried to chew brushes. No Sentry. He tried to chew my arm. No Sentry. A wad of fur got tossed past him. He chased and pounced on it. He bit it, but there was nothing to chew. He sure tried, but fluff is not much fun when soaked in dog slobber. He tried to spit it out, that didn’t work either. I finally pulled it off his tongue.

d14b77a8-a817-476a-9017-a0e62cf7d66f-jpeg.12362

Look at those BIG FEET! LOL

He is absolutely beautiful. I haven't been on in awhile. I will look forward to the life and times of Sentry!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any "interaction" with Sentry and Paris?....as of yet....:fl
Today. I let Paris out of the back yard, so she could run the side pasture up to the sheep barn and pens. Sentry was delighted to see her, she went stiff and carefully sniffed him, then went on patrol. This evening, same thing. I think she may accept him just fine. She may beat him up a little, but so did Trip.

I took down the divider and small pen for Sentry today. He now is full time with the lambs, day and night.

We had Ringo's first lambs today, twin ewes. I will be putting Sentry on a leash and working him with the lambs.