Separating at feeding time/nutritional needs.

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Build a narrow cow panel chute with a cow panel gate at the end of it. You can build this at the entrance gate, narrow it down to single sheep width. Build a small pen for the young ewe so that the "gate" will touch the pen, with the "gate" to the pen opening on the opposite side to form a short chute to her pen. For the rest of the ewes, simply let them out into the pen or barn you want them in. Not knowing how your pens are configured, I hope this helps. I do love me some cow panels!

Do you use hog rings to connect them together? Haha I use hog rings, wire, hay string, my dogs have learned to pull the hay string off if they want in or out, so in some places hay string won't work. I also use the double ended rope clips and carabiner clips. All are good.
I love cattle panels too! Usually we use metal wire, the kind you use for electric fencing. :) I have to go out to the barn and sit and imagine where each thing is going. The plan is to eventually have a large barn built, that way I can have multiple areas. For now , we have to deal with what we have, and that is definitely a lack of space lol

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Haha, I go envision where and how I can put things too! Are you sure you aren’t my daughter? LOL LOL
I have been known to just stand out in the pasture and look and envision where to put things. Sometimes it works. Other times my vision is wrong :lol: Usually the ram or the dog find the faults for me lol

WolfeMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It’s those visions in my head that don’t translate into building plans that for some silly reason, my husband doesn’t understand. LOL LOL
I mean are you really a farmer if you haven't stood out in the pasture and argued with your husband about one of your visions lol