Septuplets, anyone else see this?

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure they just set a new record. Six is the Guineas record holder to my knowledge.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
A farmer friend of mine actually used a similar example as a con to my list of pros and cons when considering starting into goats. I want to have a couple of milk goat does and a ram. My idea is to raise the young to process or sell. As I was considering spacing and dynamics that I would need to get started, he told me to consider having 2 does that all of a sudden could easily give triplets and I would all of a sudden have a herd too large to manage with the space I have. This and other management considerations have left me waiting on jumping in.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
A farmer friend of mine actually used a similar example as a con to my list of pros and cons when considering starting into goats. I want to have a couple of milk goat does and a ram. My idea is to raise the young to process or sell. As I was considering spacing and dynamics that I would need to get started, he told me to consider having 2 does that all of a sudden could easily give triplets and I would all of a sudden have a herd too large to manage with the space I have. This and other management considerations have left me waiting on jumping in.
There is the option to sell as bottle babies. Just a thought. But that is always a good rule to go by. We started small because we didn't plan on adding but it was built in a manner that is will not be difficult to add on to. Maybe keep that in mind. Make two similar sized pens that connect but can be closed off from each other with a gate and if you need the extra room keep gate open, if you don't, close it and rotate them between the two pens for clean space and to give the area a break?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, MY! Adorable and almost unbelievable! Quads would be a lot to me....so far only trips here, last yr & this. They were mom & dtr, so there's that genetic thing going on. Funny, when I bought mom she had had twins yr prior and only the single doeling that Spring. Then, things exploded. :ep

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Lamancha Nubian Nigerian Dwarf mix doe comes from quads. Her mom gave 1 the first time 3 second 4 all the other times. She is almost 12 years old and had trips his year.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sometimes wonder about things like this happening. Two of my girls are HUGE but even then I'm expecting triplets or MAYBE quads. But septuplets? Imagine her shock as they kept coming!

Reactions: TAH