Seven the goat is due the 24th!

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have an emergency. Mammy has udder issues. Her udder is firm in the middle and soft on the sides. We tried milking her for lily but she just spooked . Her udder is huge but nothing comes out. When lily tries to nurse mammy moves to the side. We have colostrum supplement but no bottle :hu What can we do.

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have an emergency. Mammy has udder issues. Her udder is firm in the middle and soft on the sides. We tried milking her for lily but she just spooked . Her udder is huge but nothing comes out. When lily tries to nurse mammy moves to the side. We have colostrum supplement but no bottle :hu What can we do.
If you have a nipple you can screw it onto a water bottle and supplement that for a bottle.
First thing is first, get a mastitis test done. If she has it she will need antibiotics and you will have to bottle feed.
Are you sure the udder is not just empty? Are they both doing this or is it just the one?
And does the udder feel hot/inflamed or lumpy?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
@luvmypets you REALLY should put this up in its own thread, either in the emergency ( I kinda see it as one if the lamb cant eat!) or the sheep section. More people will see it and you will probably we your answers sooner! Good luck, hope it all works out ok :hugs!

BlueMoonFarms

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@luvmypets you REALLY should put this up in its own thread, either in the emergency ( I kinda see it as one if the lamb cant eat!) or the sheep section. More people will see it and you will probably we your answers sooner! Good luck, hope it all works out ok :hugs!
What Goat whisper said! :) It completely slipped my mind, but it will be very very helpful for you!
Make sure to put it in the emergency sheep section.