Severe diarrhea.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
taraann81 said:
She is doing much better tonight but I had a... bad evening. She is now eating bits of hay and drinking on her own and her diarrhea is starting to slowly firm up. Pudding consistency instead of water. (the color was brown, maybe a touch of yellowish instead of dark brown).
That's excellent news.. Given the color and how quickly it came on...and how it seems to be responding to antibiotics...I'm guessing it was a bacterial scour. E. coli, maybe, or salmonella...something like that.

She'll be back to pellets in no time. :)

Sorry to hear about your birds, btw.. When animals are a big part of your life, seems like it's always something.. :(

miss_thenorth

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
taraann81 said:
She is doing much better tonight but I had a... bad evening. She is now eating bits of hay and drinking on her own and her diarrhea is starting to slowly firm up. Pudding consistency instead of water. (the color was brown, maybe a touch of yellowish instead of dark brown).

My bad evening, I went to my husband s baseball game for a relaxing break, they went into extra innings it took longer than we thought it would and got home after dark around 915 here. We went to lock the birds up...are missing a rock barr hen.....why don't we lose the extra roo?? Found a cat(very friendly) with a litter of 5 in my recycling box...still wet little babies... AND found one of my turkeys appearing to have a broken leg...I can't even imagine what happend while we were gone...I guess I learn to process a turkey in the morning(this one too being one of the hens I plannned to keep....argh...When it rains it pours.
If you need help processing--let me know--I've done chickens!

sorry to hear about your bad night, but glad sweetpea is getting better. One of my BRs went missing for two nights but she's bck now,so yours might turn up. And--more kittens?!?!?!??!!!