Sexing rabbits.Pic

taraann81

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm new to rabbits and find sexing them a bit elusive. My newest rabbits I have been able to sex correctly. But my 14week old flemish, I hadn't sexed them I just believed they were what the breeder said they were a male and female. Well today I thought, hmmm...I should check myself. Too me their genitals look exactly the same. Could anybody post a pic of the difference in sex preferably around 14 weeks. I've looked on line but most of the picture quality has been very poor.

I'll try to get a pic of mine.
Thanks.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, I needed 3 hands but only had 2.

This is suppose to be a male...too me my very uneducated guess would be female. The other is suppose to be a female and her genitals look the same I couldn't get a pick as she is white and the glare was just too much...I wanted a pair but would be happier with 2 does than 2 bucks....fingers crossed!

What do you think does my daughter have to rename Vern?
510_eggs_003.jpg

Goatzilla

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
A name change is in order. If the person who sold you that rabbit declared it to be a buck, you should also disregard any other information that they told you. It is possible once in a while to miss one on VERY young rabbits, but a rabbit of that age could almost be sexed in the dark buy an experienced breeder who is selling rabbits.

You will be ok. It was a good "pick up" on your behalf to discover this on your own. You can research and recieve sound advice on a forum like this, but when it comes to raising rabbits, experience is the best teacher. A couple months from now you will think back and wonder how you ever questioned yourself on the sex of this rabbit. Best of luck rabbit raising!

taraann81

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
They were about 6 weeks old when we got them and I watched the guy sex them. He picked one out checked grabbed another till he found a 'male". I think it was an honest mistake. I guess it could be worse I would much rather have two does than two bucks!