Sheba-A Marvelous Gift

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
They have worked out together so well. She is such a sweet good dog for you. I am thinking that if I ever get this place fenced, that an anatolian is the way to go. Since I really have always been a German Shepherd dog person, that maybe a GP for personal company/protection,,, and an anatolian for LGD.....

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have twin lambs, 2 1/2 months old. Weaned the ram lamb, so feeding him is not a problem, he’s by himself. I was creep feeding them, but as they grew, I had to move the slats wider to give them access. I have two smaller ewes that could squeeze their stupid selves just past their shoulders in the creep feeder. Of course they got stuck and I had to get the cordless drill to unscrew the slats to get them out. I closed it up. Poor little ewe lamb was hungry, couldn’t get a bite of feed from the greedy ewes and she bleated pitilessly. So I put her in a pen to feed her.

Sheba wanted in too! I sat in the hay, leaned up against the fence and petted the lamb. Sheba thought it an excellent opportunity to wallow all over me, lay on my legs, sniff the lamb and just be Sheba.

View attachment 80078

View attachment 80079

View attachment 80080

View attachment 80081
Personality just shines out of that dog! She's gorgeous and you can see the intelligence in her eyes. If that were one of my dogs they'd be eyeballing that feed like Sheba is....and hoping I wouldn't notice. :D =D That first pic needs to be a POW...just hilarious!

Pretty lamb, Bay. :love

When I sit down with my dogs like this I always feel kind of privileged when they see fit to sprawl all over me like that....I love it that they are that comfortable with me.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
BJ is ruining my dog!!!! LOL Anatolians aren’t supposed to do tricks!

0F957233-B140-4870-BC67-8ABF23B6B27B.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheba transitioned to full time outside dog. She and Sentry have made an awesome team. Last winter we had freakish storms, ice, snow and down to -6 degrees. There was 17 brand new baby lambs, Sheba and Sentry both stepped up to keep the ewes and lambs safe. Each evening Sentry asked to be let in the barn where he kept a respectful distance from the ewes and lambs. Sheba patrolled on the outside of the barn, but had a deep hay bedded nook of the barn to stay warm in. Sheba really wanted to love the newborns, lick them and “help” the ewes. I had to keep her out of the barn and lot while the ewes gave birth or I would have had dog slobbered rejected lambs that the ewes refused to claim. Once the ewes bonded with their babies, it was good training for Sheba to get butted away from the lambs. She learned to love from a short distance. Lol

During one birth, the ewe gave birth right up against the cow panel. So close, yet so far away!

7524B76F-B7A8-4A8E-A212-B2ECEEBE8E6C.jpeg

Sheba has grown into her own place. She is a wonderful guardian.

We had her spayed yesterday. Some may agree, some may disagree. She was starting to show signs of coming into heat. On her previous heats, I kept her in the trailer, taking her out often to potty. I turned her loose in the fenced garden to run off energy. But it is now deep summer, high humidity and temperatures bumping 100 degrees. There is no way I can lock her up in the trailer no matter where it is parked, it’s just too hot. I have never intended her to have puppies, she has work to do and I don’t want to find GOOD homes for 10 puppies.

Sheba is in the house for her recovery. I slept on the sofa last night. Putting the cone on her last night was a dismal failure. She didn’t understand, she was scared and put her face on my face, miserable. The cone covered both our heads. I took it off. To keep her from licking her tummy, I put a leash on her, looped it on my hand and slept on the sofa. Needless to say, I didn’t get much sleep, probably won’t for the next few nights.

Sheba weighed 91 pounds at 18 months old. She is a beautiful girl and one awesome dog. She is due for TLC and lots of spoiling. She can’t return to work for 12 days. No running, no playing, no working. She will soon be all healed up and back to herself. I know, I’ve been “spayed” too. LOL LOL

Latest posts