Sheba-A Marvelous Gift

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
On our way home with her, we stopped at a taqueria for something to eat. I placed my order and walked back towards the car. A group of men came up and she barked at them. She already has my back!

I LOVE that! These Anatolians are some kind of dogs! How's she doing riding in the car?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I LOVE that! These Anatolians are some kind of dogs! How's she doing riding in the car?
she stayed in my lap the whole ride. Today I picked her up and put her on the seat of the mule. Then I started it, it scared her. I talked to her and kept one arm around her and drove it to the house. She trusted me, scared, but she trusted me.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
she stayed in my lap the whole ride. Today I picked her up and put her on the seat of the mule. Then I started it, it scared her. I talked to her and kept one arm around her and drove it to the house. She trusted me, scared, but she trusted me.

These Anatolians are very athletic dogs and love to be up on something high, so I keep trying to get Blue to jump on the 4 wheeler with me but he just won't. He loves to run alongside and travel around the place with me but won't ride. Doesn't like riding in a car, much like Ben.

I love it that your girl doesn't mind riding along.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
4:52 AM .......... puppy whines, quickly escalating to “come here NOW” puppy barks. BJ, “I think your dog needs to go outside”. I quickly got dressed and took Sheba outside. There was the first relieve the pressure squat, then socializing with Carson, Sentry and Trip. Circling and sniffing in a distracted—is that a leaf? —puppy manner, finally a long squat followed by the boys carefully sniffing, then peeing on her pee. LOL More distracted puppy wandering before finding that just right spot to mark with puppy poop. Lots of praise, Sentry’s wrinkled deep in thought face sniffing on Sheba, and she was ready to go back in. Water, crunchy kibble, “oooooing” at us, making us laugh. Whining when I had the audacity to go to the bathroom, leaving her line of sight. She has walked around taste testing end tables, AAHHNNTT! Tasting recliners, AAHHNNTT! Rolling innocent eyes, going to dog towel and chewing that. Ok, you can do that. Good morning all!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been outside—check.
Potty—check
Pooped—check
Ate kibble—check
Drank water—check
Played—check
Nap time—check

8813F9B8-B8B4-48B3-90EA-46EF69441E3D.jpeg

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a lucky pup!!! That last pic says it all....pure bliss! You're a good pup mama, Bay, getting up early to let a dog out. :D =D

Mine of a little younger age is out in the cool, damp morning after being out in the open all night with Blue....though, when I checked in the middle of the night, she was lying with the sheep and Blue was all by himself. By early this morning, though, they were snuggled together.

Right now she's stretched out like a dead dog on a lovely bed of hay, tired from wooling Blue around all morning. :D =D

It's a dog's life, ain't it? Eat, pee, poop, play, sleep. We should be so blessed! :gig

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We took Sheba to Tractor Supply this morning. She whined a little in the truck, she was in my lap, but did ok. Two ladies went gaga over her when we walked in, I thanked them for helping me to socialize her. They both petted and talked to Sheba. We got her a rope toy, a pig ear and a 10' cable-since she is chewing the leash. We bought 6 golden sex link chicks for our friend and neighbor Robert. Sheba was better on the ride home.

When I was feeding this morning, Sheba started chasing Joy Chicken. NO! and I lobbed a 1 gallon plastic chicken water jug at her. She barely noticed. This did not faze Joy Chicken, she is not afraid and ran just fast enough to stay ahead of Sheba. Around the chicken scoop she went with Sheba in hot pursuit. I waited with chicken water jug in hand. As they ran past, I threw the jug, yelling at Sheba. It hit her right in the butt. This time she yelped, cried, and ran to the sheep lot fence. Ewenique promptly tried to but her through the fence. Sheba high tailed it out of there and ran to the corner by the gate, bewildered by getting water jug bombed and ewe butted. She ignored Joy Chicken after that, but there is always tomorrow.........