Sheba-A Marvelous Gift

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
She does look fierce! :gig I'd love for Sheba and Charlie to have a play date....they are so similar in looks, size and behavior it isn't funny. Charlie plays rough....really rough. Blue tries to be more gentle with her because she's smaller, but those needle teeth of hers drives him to be rougher with her sometimes just to settle her down. She plays dirty also, much like the rest of us ladies, and goes for his tender bits...maybe because she's short enough to be down there anyway, so might as well grab some skin as she goes along.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The past few days, Sheba and Sentry have been with Ringo and his two ewes. Sheba has done well. Both dogs are hard to see, their tawny coloring blends well with the dead stubble of the rye grass. I slip up and look for the dogs, They are laying in the shade, watching.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheba is still a puppy, but is definitely the ringleader. This makes several mornings in a row that she has led Sentry and Carson in for a breakfast snack. She comes up on the porch, scratches at the windows or the door, talking ROOOOOOO ROOOOOO and ARRRRRAAWWWW! I open the door, the trio comes in and eats a snack of dry dog food. They only get the home canned stuff over their kibble at night. Right now they are sprawled out in the floor for a nap. Then they will wake up and go back outside. Trip is on the porch napping. Since i close the sheep up at night, the dogs have the run of the yard and Pasture #1. Paris has the back yard and side pasture that goes up to the sheep barn, so the sheep are covered.

Sheba already knows what I am saying when I ask her, "Where are the boys?"

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sheba has gotten in trouble twice now for chewing up things on the porch. A few days ago I caught her having a real good time with 3 new rolls of weed cloth. Correction consisted of me launching the rolls at her while she screamed bloody murder, running from one end of the porch to the other while I screamed back at her. Lesson learned. Weed cloth rolls are evil.

This morning a chewed up box and newspapers greeted us. This time I closed the porch door. NO ESCAPE. Heh, heh, heh.... rubbing hands together......... I blew up on her, she screamed like I was pulling toenails. I caught her by the collar, dragging her to the scene of the crime. There was a convenient plastic bag, so I lambasted the floor with it and a few noisy wallops on her too. I let her go, she looked for somewhere to hide, to no avail. COME! Uhhhhhh..... oh hell no! Mom is MAD AT ME! I went and got her, backed off a foot, COME! Hanging head low, totally submissive posture she came to me. I petted and reassured her. We did this over and over until she would come to me from the far end of the porch. I even stood in the midst of the carnage and she came to me. Getting the results I wanted, I sat down, opened my arms and Sheba laid across my lap while I loved on her. Friends again!

BJ watched through the window. He asked me why did I punish her, then love on her like everything was ok. I told him because I end on a positive. Yes she got in trouble, yes she will remember it. But I want the last thing she remembers to be something positive so she knows I am still her safe place.

Just for good measure, while I was on my rant, I slapped the bag of birdseed, yelling MINE!!! Just in case she’s thinking about it. BWA-HA-HA-HA!!

I have more diabolical plans for Miss Sheba. In the coming weeks she and Sentry will have a couple of ewes to guard and she will transition to full time outside. There will still be the mad rush to the house to eat, the dogs enjoy that and so does BJ.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
LOL - puppy abuse!! :lol: Sounds like just what she needed to get it through her head! Puppies- they do love to chew...gee whiz!

Cowboy used to tear up a plastic water bottle in about 10 minutes until I got scared to give 'em to him thinking he might just start swallowing 'em whole!

Can't wait to hear how she does going into full-time working mode! I think Sentry will be a good teacher.