Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
^^What she said^^ Pictures?

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for the long delay!! I was working nonstop for two weeks on the sheep shed, fence, hay rack, rabbit cage problem came up, my laptop decided to break a tiny peice inside so that i couldnt charge it, so its in town getting fixed, then me and dad got busy all week helping in at the mill making two pallets of apples into applesauce,... then the other day on the way home from the mill a deer jumped right in front of us and dads truck is totalled... But we did get the deer out of it and just chopped it down yesterday and got just under 65# off of it!

Busy busy busy!

So i am uploading from my phone to photobucket right now. Pics arent so greatbut just gonna have to deal with em until i get my laptop back do get the pics off my camera.

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So i picked up three ewes. Well the other day i flipped em to check hooves and what do ya know, the white 'ewe' has big ol nuts hangin there!
So i actually have:
*1 ewe 1.5-2y/o that has lambed before. Possibly bred at the old flock and due as early as mid-february. She seems to me like she has cotswold in her based on her fleece.
*1 ewe lamb born feb-may time 2015. Lovely little ewe.
*1 white ram lamb. Nice build and i like his fleece. Good and long and nice crimp.

And of course the ewes **could** be bred to this ram lamb now. He hasnt shown any flirting or anything. But i will assume the odds as they are and keep an eye on them all and watch for lambs anyway :)

I am not upset about him being a him since he is a nice sturdy guy and i love the fleece. But when i am able i hope to buy some more ewes/ewe lambs. This time i will be sure to check them before loading em up! Hahaha.

The ram

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The rams fleece parted. It looks nicer in person than my crappy phone pic.

The little ewe lamb :) such a cutie!

The little ewes fleece

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
And sassy butt isnt fond of me unless i have feed. Lol. The older ewe.

Ya cant tell in the pic but when ya part the wool its a lovely grey.

And the rams face and legs have cute cream speckles! He seems to have alot of the tunis traits from what i can tell.

Oh and they should be getting sheared this weekend! :) i am so excited!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Grats! They all look splendid! I can only imagine your new male ewe being flipped over and you discovering the surprise package hanging/laying there! :lol::hugs But as you said... that may work out even better than you intended is his wool/fiber is what you're looking for. love the white spots below the youngster's eyes :clap Thanks for the pics and update!

Roving Jacobs

Seeing Spots
Reaction score
I love english blue marked sheep with their little teardrops :love What breeds did the lady say she mixed? English blue is one of the more recessive agouti patterns but I guess shows up a lot in longwools, romneys, and BLs.

ohiogoatgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
They are mixed bunch of heritage breeds. She said alot of icelandic and tunis.. plenty of shetland and jacob.. and bits of things from like having a ram in for one year.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are mixed bunch of heritage breeds. She said alot of icelandic and tunis.. plenty of shetland and jacob.. and bits of things from like having a ram in for one year.
The ram's coat looks double-coated if I'm seeing it right? The 'corkscrew' look to the longer outer coat looks like my Icelandics coats.

You'll get some nice wool to play around with when they're sheared!