Sheep foot rot

jambi1214

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi all. So I have, as some may remember, a ewe with terrible foot rot and feet. We'll long story she was put with the rest of my flock and I'm starting to see foot rot in some others. I have to get rid of her for sure (one of my problems) but I need to fix everyone before it gets worse. My plan was to soak feet / put antibiotics on feet and move them to a new area. I do not have a lot of separate areas especially considering the ram is taking up one of my extra closed pastures. I have my front and backyard that's typically for dogs that I was considering moving the sheep to since it's not been contaminated. My question is how small of a space can I keep a ewe in while I get this figured out because I'm going to need to be cleaning the barn and main areas. I have about rough guess 1/2 acre, maybe less, to put flock in for a few weeks while there main areas are cleaned and rest. not much to eat so it will be all hay but some are closer to lambing....Is that ok? Any suggestions? My terrible chose to get this foot rot ewe is ruining everything but with ewes close to lambing I'm worried about stress and such. Thanks so upset I let this happen @Baymule @Mini Horses @Ridgetop @SageHill @murphysranch @Finnie @purplequeenvt

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is a shot you can get from the vet for foot rot. Sorry I don’t remember the name of it, ask your vet. The shot will clear it right up. Sorry I didn’t see this sooner, the @ didn’t “ring my doorbell “ this time!